Senior Software Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Flashpoint delivers Business Risk Intelligence (BRI) to empower organizations worldwide with meaningful intelligence and information that combats threats and adversaries. The company’s sophisticated technology, advanced data collections, and human-powered analysis uniquely enables large enterprises and the public sector to bolster cybersecurity, confront fraud, detect insider threats and build insider threat programs, enhance corporate and physical security, improve executive protection, and address vendor risk and supply chain integrity. For more information, visit https://www.flashpoint-intel.com/ or follow us on Twitter at @FlashpointIntel.
What we are looking for:
Our best engineers are collaborative and selfless. They enjoy writing code but they prioritize documenting and mentoring. They leave code cleaner than when they found it but don’t insist on particular patterns. They optimize for simplicity and readability. They are involved in the full lifecycle of software development: understanding the requirements, designing the solution, writing the code, testing the implementation, and deploying it to production. They are fully engaged in the problem domain.
What you will do:
As a delivery engineer, you will build software that is the closest to the customer. You must care that the interfaces you build are reliable, responsive, simple, and predictable. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Build, maintain, and document customer-facing APIs
- Build, maintain, and document event-driven applications that consume streaming data
- Collaborate with the product team as well as cyber threat, fraud, and security experts to understand the problems that customers want to solve
- Collaborate with the data and operations teams to design infrastructure that supports the APIs
- Identify opportunities for automation and drive process improvements
Technologies you will work with:
The core responsibility of a delivery engineer is to build and maintain well-running APIs. This means you must work with:
- API frameworks like OpenAPI, Apiary, and API Blueprint
- Python web frameworks like Flask and Django
- Search databases like Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene
- Monitoring tools like ElasticAPM, Prometheus, and Grafana
Our developers succeed when they know how their work fits in within the entire infrastructure. They integrate their work with the data team’s or operation team’s stack. Therefore, engineers on all of our teams have a chance to work with a varied list of technologies, like:
- Streaming pipelines using tools like Kafka, AWS MSK, and Google PubSub
- Cloud providers like AWS and GCP
- Containers like Docker and rkt
- Container orchestrators like Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, and Mesos
- Configuration management and IaC tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and Terraform
What you will bring:
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer
- Proficiency in Python
What else would be great:
What we will provide:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, ability, and role responsibilities. Additional perks include health and welfare benefits, 401K, commuter benefits, a well-stocked kitchen, cool cultural initiatives and employee events.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!