Senior Software Engineer
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Category: Software Development
- Care deeply about democratizing access to data.
- Passionate about big data and are excited by seemingly-impossible challenges.
- At least 80% of people who have worked with you put you in the top 10% of the people they have worked with.
- You think life is too short to work with B-players.
- You are entrepreneurial and want to work in a super fast-paced environment where the solutions aren’t already predefined.
- You live in the U.S. or Canada and are comfortable working remotely.
- SafeGraph is a B2B data company that sells to data scientists and machine learning engineers.
- SafeGraph's goal is to be the place for all information about physical Places
- SafeGraph currently has 30+ people and has raised a $20 million Series A. CEO previously was founder and CEO of LiveRamp (NYSE:RAMP).
- Company is growing fast, over $10M ARR, and is currently profitable.
- Company is based in San Francisco but about 50% of the team is remote (all in the U.S.). We get the entire company together in the same place every month.
- Core software engineer.
- Reporting to SafeGraph's VP Engineering.
- Work as an individual contributor.
- Opportunities for future leadership.
- No Resume? No Problem! A LinkedIn is all you need to apply!
- You have at least 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency writing production-quality code, preferably in Scala, Java, or Python.
- Strong familiarity with distributed system, or map/reduce data processing.
- Deep understanding of all things “data” - schema design, modeling, optimization, scalability, etc.
- You are authorized to work where you are.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You are amazingly entrepreneurial.
- You want to help build a massive company.
- Extra bonus points: Deep understanding of Apache Spark in solving production-scale problems.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with building ML models from the ground up.
- Experience working with huge data sets.
- Python, Database and Systems Design, Scala, Data Science, Apache Spark, Hadoop MapReduce.
- SafeGraph Vision and Values
- Open Information to Power Innovation
- Where Should Machines go to Learn
- Data-As-A-Service Bible: Everything You Wanted to Know About Running DaaS Companies
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈