Senior Software Engineer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Category: Software Development
- Care deeply about democratizing access to data.
- Passionate about big data and are excited by seemingly-impossible challenges.
- At least 80% of people who have worked with you put you in the top 10% of the people they have worked with.
- You think life is too short to work with B-players.
- You are entrepreneurial and want to work in a super fast-paced environment where the solutions aren’t already predefined.
- You live in the U.S. or Canada and are comfortable working remotely.
- SafeGraph is a B2B data company that sells to data scientists and machine learning engineers.
- SafeGraph's goal is to be the place for all information about physical Places
- SafeGraph currently has 30+ people and has raised a $20 million Series A. CEO previously was founder and CEO of LiveRamp (NYSE:RAMP).
- Company is growing fast, over $10M ARR, and is currently profitable.
- Company is based in San Francisco but about 50% of the team is remote (all in the U.S.). We get the entire company together in the same place every month.
- Core software engineer.
- Reporting to SafeGraph's VP Engineering.
- Work as an individual contributor.
- Opportunities for future leadership.
- No Resume? No Problem! A LinkedIn is all you need to apply!
- You have at least 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency writing production-quality code, preferably in Scala, Java, or Python.
- Strong familiarity with distributed system, or map/reduce data processing.
- Deep understanding of all things “data” - schema design, modeling, optimization, scalability, etc.
- You are authorized to work where you are.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You are amazingly entrepreneurial.
- You want to help build a massive company.
- Extra bonus points: Deep understanding of Apache Spark in solving production-scale problems.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with building ML models from the ground up.
- Experience working with huge data sets.
- Python, Database and Systems Design, Scala, Data Science, Apache Spark, Hadoop MapReduce.
- SafeGraph Vision and Values
- Open Information to Power Innovation
- Where Should Machines go to Learn
- Data-As-A-Service Bible: Everything You Wanted to Know About Running DaaS Companies
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!