Senior Software Developer - Federal Products
2 months ago
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
On the Axon Federal team, you will be part of a small, nimble startup within Axon focused on solutions for Federal customers. You will first scale up to understand our device software that is in use today, primarily by local and state public safety agencies. You will work with the team to understand key opportunities to solve new problems for our federal customers, and quickly prototype, demonstrate, and implement new capabilities and integrations. In some cases, you will work with other teams to implement new capabilities in their products on our behalf. Your work will benefit public safety agencies and communities around the world.
As a senior member of Axon’s engineering community, you will assist in architecture and code reviews for a variety of related products, in interviewing and hiring, and in guiding engineering strategy. You will have considerable freedom to operate to achieve customer, team, and company outcomes. You will have the opportunity to grow into technical or managerial leadership roles, and to impact and participate in the financial success of the company.
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering
- Expertise in embedded device software development on Linux platforms
- Understanding of IOT device HW and limitations of battery-powered systems
- Mastery of Objective C, Swift, C++, Go
- Ability to mentor and grow junior engineers
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience using metrics (e.g. DataDog, Splunk) to triage and investigate failure scenarios
- Experience developing for highly secure environments
- US Federal security clearances or the ability to gain them quickly
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary, 401K with employer match, and equity
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ability to work remotely as projects allow
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click
to report dead link!