Senior Security Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
First appeared on StackOverflow
Category: Software Development
As a Senior Security Engineer on the SRE Team at Skillshare, you’ll play a key role in helping us continuously improve our security programs to ensure the best experience for our users through the safety of our technology and data.
This role spans strategic work of putting in place forward-looking initiatives as well as responding to external threats on an ongoing basis, which means the opportunity for impact across the board. We’re scaling quickly and are excited to bring someone onboard who can help us proactively tackle challenges – both in the day-to-day operations and anticipated future ones.
You’ll collaborate with the other members of the SRE team as well as the product development teams to plan and implement various security initiatives. We’ll look to your strategic expertise, reliable execution, and sound judgment to improve and maintain our security infrastructure, along with creating and improving processes for maintaining a secure product and environment.
You’ll be joining a team that’s passionate about technology, and helping pave the way for building products together that we’re proud of. We’re excited to meet you.
What you'll do:
- Improve, monitor and maintain our information security.
- Execute security initiatives related to infrastructure, product, and data.
- Make strategic recommendations and improvements to our security.
- Work with application developers to improve the security of various product features.
- Proactively prep and train developers and raise the security awareness of everyone in the organization.
- Quickly and proactively respond to incoming security threats.
- Continually assess, address and report on the levels of threat and preparedness.
Why we're excited about you:
- 7+ years of experience building, supporting and securing cloud-based web infrastructure with AWS.
- Knowledge of best security practices for building web applications.
- Experience with security monitoring tools.
- Experience in compliance with industry standards such as PCI, OWASP, NIST, GDPR etc.
- Experience with Single Sign-on (SSO) for internal systems.
- Understanding of and ability to deal with and prevent typical security threats and risks.
- Deep understanding of web application infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of software engineering.
- Strong communication skills – you’re a natural collaborator and can report out to stakeholders of all levels.
- Tech stack knowledge: Docker (Kubernetes experience is a plus), Linux, DataDog, AWS security products, MySQL.
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: you’ll play a key role in shaping the direction of a comprehensive security approach long-term.
- Growth: Our team is small, so you’ll have room to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our mission: We are building a learning ecosystem for the new economy and changing millions of lives for the better.
- Our team: We have a passionate, smart team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Your life: We take pride in our flexibility. Working remotely is part of how we need to work these days. You’re a professional, and we trust you to do what you need to do.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!