Senior Security Engineer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Greece
Category: Software Development
Workable makes software to help companies find and hire great people. We get recruiting and its role in building healthy workplaces - which is why we’re proud more than 20,000 teams around the world use Workable to do exactly that.
And while we take recruiting seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. At Workable, you’ll find smart people who have fun, learn and innovate, and help others do the same. We brainstorm, we laugh, and, occasionally, we party (there’s a lot to celebrate), but we also appreciate people’s need for quiet time and focused work. We respect everyone, we hire the best, and make sure every experience is special.
We’re growing fast and we want to make sure that we scale from thousands to hundreds of thousands users who are safe so we are looking for a Senior Security Engineer to join our Security Team!
Our technology stack consists of React, Ruby on Rails, Node.js and Java apps using PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis and Elasticsearch as data stores and RabbitMQ, as a message broker. We use Docker and Kubernetes to deploy multiple microservices comprising our product.
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will be part of a highly cross-functional team working with the Engineering and Operations on a broad scope of activities in order to keep Workable safe.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform application & infrastructure security assessments, classify and prioritize findings, while working closely with internal teams to apply remediation actions
- Design, build and maintain application & infrastructure security controls, including WAF hardening, network segregation and filtering, Single-Sign On
- Ensure strong employee device & identity security
- Enhance security monitoring in order to detect abnormal behavior across our environment
- Train fellow employees in security awareness aspects through both hands-on and high-level sessions
- Support compliance audits (such as ISO 27001 and SOC 2), expand and maintain corporate security policies and procedures across the organization
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Security
- 5+ years of relevant work experience (Red or Blue team)
- Software engineering background
- Hands-on experience in application, systems and network security projects
- Application and infrastructure penetration testing skills
- Code auditing skills
- Familiar with cloud computing architecture and SaaS principles
- Good knowledge of networks & protocols (TCP/IP stack)
- Experience with Linux systems administration
- Good knowledge of security fundamentals (concepts, architecture, controls, technology)
- Experience with remote working
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
- Security mindset and attention to detail
- Work independently and lead projects within the team
Note: This is a Greece-based (optional) remote job (GMT+3) so we won't be able to proceed with candidates living outside Greece at the moment.
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering:
- An attractive salary and a bonus plan
- Mobile telephony and data plan
- Health insurance plan
- Extensive parental leave
- Training budget for the best training tools and conferences of your choice
- Annual summits in awesome locations (as soon as traveling is safe again)
- Apple gear for your home office and access to the best productivity tools
- Flexible working hours
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Greece.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈