Udacity’s mission is to power careers through tech education. We're an immersive online learning platform offering hands-on training in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, data science, autonomous systems, cloud computing, and more. We are backed by some of the best-known investors in the business— Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital just to name a few.
Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity has the potential to transform the world by providing life-long learners with the chance to skill up in cutting-edge technology and create a meaningful impact in their professional and personal lives. Similarly, we’re helping enterprise companies solve their tech talent shortage issues by being their partner of choice when transforming their workforce. If you're inspired to be part of something amazing....Read on.
As a Front-end Engineer, you will be contributing to our rapidly growing enterprise business. Each improvement in our system can reveal dramatic increases in revenue. We are looking for individuals that are motivated by being extremely impactful. You will be responsible for delivering high quality code in a continuous development environment, all while maintaining 99.99% uptime.
- Build the best workforce training and skills transformation platform for our corporate accounts.
- Ensure the highest standards of code quality and best practices on Udacity’s core engineering team through implementation, code review, and mentoring
- Contribute ideas and collaborate with product and design to create the best experiences for our Enterprise customers
- Implement new features that focus on student success and ensure the applications maintain high uptime
- Enforce the compliance of industry security standards (ISO-27001 and SOC2)
- Build reusable and modular React components
- Cover your code with clean tests (unit, integration, and end-to-end, etc.)
- Leave the code better than you found it.
What We Value:
- At least 4 years experience in Front-End Development
- At least 4 years experience working with at least one JS Frameworks (React is particularly relevant)
- Experience with large scale distributed systems in a public cloud.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.