Senior PHP Web Application Developer (Laravel/MVC)
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US only
Category: Software Development
Happy Cog is looking for a full-time PHP Web Developer to join our team immediately. We’re a growing interactive agency of 55+ people in Manhattan's Flatiron District with great clients (like Google, Airbnb, Twelve South, Etsy, The Associated Press, New York City, St. Regis, Columbia University, and WPP) and an incredible roadmap.
Our development projects are typically built on PHP and are often Laravel. You don’t need to know it to join our team, as long as you’re experienced with another modern framework (such as CakePHP, Zend, or another MVC- or SOA-oriented system). Given the range of work you’ll be doing you’ll never get bored. We need someone who loves keeping up-to-date on the newest advancements in the field and can figure out when to start applying those advancements to client work.
You’ll be a member of our development team, working closely with our other fantastic front-end and backend developers during every phase of your projects. You’ll also be communicating directly with clients and with our project managers to understand their requirements and present your work. Your job will be fun, challenging, and interesting.
You’ll be working on 2-3 projects at any time; typically one large application and a few smaller projects to keep things fresh.
- Building new applications, websites, and features with Laravel.
- Contributing to high-level architecture planning, consulting with our internal team on approach and level of effort, directing more junior developers.
- Flexing your muscles on aspects of application development outside of app code: database modeling, query optimization, setting up efficient logging and monitoring solutions, and other advanced requriements for highly functioning apps (you do not need to be a DBA or Sys Admin).
- Working closely with our front-end development team on website projects. We’ll want and expect your input on the best ways to structure the build — from start to finish.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest development technologies and methodologies.
- Previous MVC framework experience, Laravel is highly preferred.
- Ability to understand user behavior and intent, and use this information to build intuitive apps and websites for our clients.
- Knowledge of Git, we use it on all projects.
- Experience with AWS services is a plus.
- Experience with Raspberry Pi (or similar platforms) is a plus.
- A creative environment to do the best work of your career.
- An amazing team of developers, designers, marketers, project managers, and the occasional four-legged office pet.
- Lunch paid for by the company, every day, via your own Seamless/Stadium accounts.
- Flexible hours.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Retirement plan with company matching.
- Perks and discounts from many stores and services-- cell phone bills, hotels, rental cars, gyms, etc...
If you’re interested please apply as soon as possible, attention Jeremy Gimbel. Examples of your real-world work are more important than a perfect resume. If you worked on a project with a team, please tell us which parts you were responsible for.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!