(Senior) PHP Developer
3 days ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Software Development
Mercury Holidays is a travel company based in Sevenoaks taking customers abroad for almost 40 years. We're currently undergoing an internal transformation focusing on customer centricity, user experience, customer experience and technology.
An opportunity has arisen for a talented Laravel developer to join the Mercury Family. You'll be joining a small, autonomous, remote working squad which consists of a product owner, a user experience designer and frontend/backend developers. Our stack consists of Laravel, Redis, MySQL, Postgres, Loggly, React, NextJS, NodeJS, Algolia, Abstract, Kubernetes, Skaffold, Google Cloud, AWS, Docker, BitBucket, GitHub and JIRA.
What you'll be doing
- Build microservice APIs with Laravel
- Deliver high-quality, well-tested code
- Engineer reliable operational automation for CI & continuous deployment to the cloud
- Work on the entire web application development lifecycle from concept to delivery and post launch support
- Communicate with other teams and individuals to plan, coordinate and seek feedback
- Pitch in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional development team
- Private health cover is available
- Private pension scheme available
- 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working hours (37.5 hours a week)
- Work from home available
- Annual company events
- Potential to undertake supplemented learning
What we're looking for
- Minimum of 5 years commercial experience with PHP/Laravel
- In depth knowledge of object-oriented PHP and Laravel 8 framework
- Experience designing Rest APIs
- Highly proficient in managing SQL (MySQL/Postgres) databases including indexes, partionning, slow query diagnosis, optimising tables and queries for best performance
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- You understand when to use a SQL, a no-SQL or a graph database
- You want to maximise business value through well-met requirements
- You have experience deploying production applications (e.g. GCP, Kubernetes, Bitbucket) and writing K8s manifest files
- Experience in containerising applications with Docker (or similar)
- You care deeply about performance, availability, test driven development and API design
- Great communication and teamwork
- The desire to learn new skills
What you need to apply
- Links to online profiles you use such as Github, Twitter, Stackoverflow etc.
- A description of your work history (whether as a CV, or LinkedIn profile)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈