(Senior) Network Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Pacific Time Zone
Category: Software Development
We're looking for a proactive and bright Network Engineer to join our Cloud Engineering team. This role is fully remote and open to anyone wanting to work Pacific Time business hours.
- Be part of a dynamic and motivated team of infrastructure engineers, that design and manage operation, performance, and availability of our internal systems and client networks
- Design, plan and implement networking infra for new clients
- Strive to automate the management of our networks
- Monitor, manage and support (tier 2 and 3) complex network infrastructures globally, including vendor escalation
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve current monitoring and achieve zero support goal
- Knowledge of cloud networking (AWS and Azure)
- Experience with Fortinet; Palo Alto, Cisco, Juniper and Meraki are a benefit
- Experience in design of network infrastructure
- Experience of WAN, LAN, WLAN, IPSec
- Experience of monitoring systems and tooling (syslog, SNMP/MIBs, Netflow/jFlow/sFlow)
- Knowledge of UTM firewall config
- Understanding of OSI layers
- Scripting skills - Ansible predominantly
- 5+ years' experience in Network Engineering
Good to have:
- Experience working in a network operations centre (NOC) and supporting production wide-area network
- Desire to learn or suggest ideas for improvements using future / next gen technology
- Work with Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
- Certifications such as CCNP, Fortinet NSE or better
Soft Skills and Work Pattern:
- Good communicator, team player attitude, self-sufficient with growth mindset
- Adaptable and flexible with good interpersonal skills
- Take ownership and take great pride of work
- Flexibility on working hours and / or be part of a rota for on call (in case of P1 incidents)
You would be part of an international team of people from all over the globe, working on the latest technology and at the forefront of automation and innovation.
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Health Insurance packages
- Professional development and training
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Pacific Time Zone.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈