(Senior) Mobile Engineer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
We are looking for a Senior Mobile Engineer to join our extensibility team, which is responsible for maintaining all our various integrations, including for Android and iOS.
At PostHog, we are a small (but growing) remote team building an open source platform that empowers customers to create successful products.
Until now, tools for building products have been fragmented, Product analytics, heat maps, session recording and A/B testing all provide immense value, but existing tools weren’t natively built to work together.
PostHog is different by offering these tools (and more) in a single platform that customers can host themselves.
We started PostHog as part of Y Combinator’s W20 cohort and had the most successful B2B software launch on HackerNews since 2012 - with a product that was just 4 weeks old.
We are proudly backed by some of the world’s top investors and believe in product-led growth, where we build something awesome and let your product bring the users, rather than an outbound sales team and regular cold calls.
We have a lot of capital, but we’re a lean, strong team - so you’ve got the opportunity to have a huge impact.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintaining the integrations between PostHog and various mobile platforms (Android, Android Wear, iOS, iPadOS, WatchOS, React Native, Expo, ...)
- Adding support for new features in existing integrations, e.g. add feature flags into all mobile libraries
- Building new integrations when needed, for example we need to build a pure-JS Expo (React Native) integration, our current React Native integration uses native code
- Improving our integration testing and deployment infrastructure
- Assuring we meet all privacy and compliance requirements set by Apple and Google, so that people using our libraries won't get their apps flagged
- Work on the rest of the PostHog platform in the Extensibility team, e.g. by improving our plugin server
- Tread on toes and do whatever else is needed, this might include working on the main PostHog app, fix random issues you encounter, help with infrastructure, anything and everything is possible
What you'll bring:
- At least 4-5 years of Android and iOS development experience, over many iterations of phone operating systems
- A high level of proficiency in both Java and Objective-C
What we offer in return:
- Generous, transparent compensation and employee-friendly equity in PostHog
- Unlimited time off with a 25 day minimum
- Private health insurance including dental and vision
- 401k contributions
- Generous parental leave
- Training budget and free books
- $200/month budget towards co-working or café working
- Spill mental health chat
- Regular in-person get-togethers with the team (once Covid allows us to travel)
- Carbon offsetting for work travel with Project Wren
Please note that benefits vary slightly by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask our team.
Sold? Apply now and tell us:
- How you can achieve the above in a few sentences
- Why you're drawn to us
- Your resumé and/or LinkedIn
Not sold? Learn more first
- How we hire
- We ask for your best work, and in return pay generously and have exceptional benefits
- Learn about the team you'd be working with
- Getting hiring right is key to diversity. Learn about how we think about this.
We believe people from diverse backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product and our company better. No matter your background, we'd love to hear from you! Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈