(Senior) Mobile Developer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: Software Development
You will work directly with the team on maintaining our soon to be released new Android app and rebuilt iOS app, engaging with us on understanding our existing API and replicating the functionality. You will interact with devops and product design teams to rapidly release and test the app as you develop it. This role has potential to grow into a team lead role for a fast growing company.
- Create and maintain advanced mobile Flutter applications for Android and iOS
- Work together with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Efficiently use third-party data sources and APIs
- Create and execute unit tests on your code, to ensure its robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Troubleshoot issues, fix bugs and improve application performance
- Explore and utilize new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Experience working on mobile apps, with a preference for candidates that have extended experience developing for iOS or Android
- Demonstrable experience working with Dart and Flutter
- Experience with RESTful APIs, JSON, and YAML
- Solid experience in software development
- Familiarity with integrating third-party libraries and APIs
- Understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Experience in other languages and is a plus. Substantial experience may be considered in preference to any of the above bullet points.
- Good knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Some experience leading and/or mentoring.
- An interest/background in psychology/health sciences.
- This is a remote job, you are free to work where you work best. You will be expected to regularly overlap 2-4 hours of your workday with the Vancouver workday (UTC-8) to interact with our core team.
- Effective, frank, and open communication skills
Quantified Citizen is a Canadian-based mobile health startup developing solutions to disrupt the clinical and health product research markets. We empower professional researchers to easily create their own scientific studies, while building a movement towards more timely insights into the latest health research for citizens of all kinds.
We launched our flagship mobile research app in November 2019 on the Joe Rogan Experience and have since had over 35,000 iOS app installs with a 4.8 star rating. Among our initial studies, we've partnered with world-famous mycologist Paul Stamets on a UBC research ethics approved 12,000+ participant correlational study on the effects of microdosing psychedelic substances on cognitive performance and mental health. We've also partnered with award-winning cinematographer Louie Schwartzberg on a 5,000 participant gratitude study.
Help us bring health research to everyone!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈