(Senior) Mechanical Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Forge Nano is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer reporting to the Director of Engineering. This position will lead the design and productization of Forge Nano's wafer and object coating ALD systems. The role requires a candidate with T-Shaped skills within the semiconductor OEM industry.
- Understands and implements designs to bring semiconductor deposition systems to applicable SEMI standards.
- Integrates the key assemblies and features, per customer specification, into the semiconductor deposition systems.
- Develops and standardizes the processing chambers, wafer chucks, precursor delivery, valve manifold, and robotic controls.
- Generates in-house customer acceptance tests and deals with any testing or troubleshooting associated with final assembly and integration.
- Advises customers and sales personnel on recommended features and cost estimates for the respective application.
- Manages product BOM's and Technical Documentation
- 5+ years of experience in the design of plasma or thermal ALD/CVD deposition tools for use in the semi-conductor industry
- Knowledge of SEMI S2/S8 and SEMI GEM standards suite
- Familiar with CE mark and international export standards for machinery
- Wafer handling experience with automated systems and robotics
- CAD design experience with a suite such as SolidWorks or Creo
- Familiar with CAD PDM and version control
- Electrical layout experience with AutoCAD or similar software
Education & Certifications
- BS or MS in Mechanical, Electromechanical, Electrical, or Mechatronics Engineering
- SolidWorks CWSP or similar CAD certification
Design work can be performed at the Forge Nano Office or remotely. Some hands-on work for prototyping and design validation must be carried out at Forge Nano's Facility. Hands on work may include the handling of hazardous chemicals at times. The employee will be required to wear all appropriate safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, gloves, steel toe shoes, lab coat, and in the plant, a hard hat. An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to corporate and/or plant policies, rules and regulations in these areas is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee occasionally will work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned at any time.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈