Senior Java Engineer
1 week ago
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
We are hiring for a Senior Java Engineer to work on a program that will make a positive impact on millions of Americans' daily lives. As an early hire on a small team, you'll have a huge stake in what we build and how we work.
Our engineering team is small, distributed, and largely asynchronous. We value a calm, collected environment where you can focus on doing great work. Aside from a couple of weekly check-ins or project updates, you'll be able to work interruption-free.
What you'll be doing:
Working hand in hand with other engineers in developing API endpoints and services. Day to day work will involve writing code, developing tests, and debugging. There is definitely room for growth as we plan on transitioning the application and updating it in the future. For this federal program, we are using Java.
We are looking for someone with the following skill set:
- 5+ years experience in software development using technologies including Spring, EJBs, Hibernate and JDBC
- Experience with backend languages including Python, Node.js, Java or .NET
- A solid understanding of API design and how backend systems work
- Experience with Maven, Gradle, Ant or other Java build and dependency management tools
- Worked with CI/CD pipelines and container tools as well as experience with cloud computing services, including AWS or Microsoft Azure
- The ability to write code that is a pleasure for other engineers to read and understand
- The ability to speak and write in terms that non-developers can understand clearly, whether it be in a conference call, blog post or support email
- Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle - from gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements to creating application system models
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and take initiative in performing tasks.
- Team player must be able to work professionally and collaboratively with the government customer and other contract members of the project team.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required with a minimum of 5 years experience
This is a salaried role. As part of your benefits package, Oddball provides a monthly continuing education stipend and a tech stipend.
Must be located within the United States.
Ability to obtain low-level federal clearance is required
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈