(Senior) Java Developer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
At MoneyLion, our mission is to change the way millions of hardworking Americans bank, invest, borrow and financially grow. We believe that by building better, smarter products we can help people manage their daily financial lives more effectively and start to build positive, sustainable financial habits.
Founded in 2013, MoneyLion today employs over 250 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America and Asia. We're headquartered in NYC, with offices in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Sioux Falls, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Moneylion is widely recognized as one of the most innovative fintech companies in the United States. In addition to being named one of Forbes' Fintech 50, we were recently honored as Best Digital Bank of 2019 by Finovate and Most Innovative Company in Personal Finance at the Benzinga Global Fintech Awards. And we're just getting started...
MoneyLion is looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our New York City engineering team to help build the future of financial technology. As a Java Developer, you will work with several teams to continue building out a world-class financial platform. This position involves the design, architecture, implementation, and operation of large scale cloud systems.
We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the stack as we continue to push financial technology forward
This individual must be able to work remotely anywhere in the US.
- Take a technical leadership role in scaling out our systems and team with our quickly growing product
- Architect and implement event-driven backend systems that provide support for our core systems
- Deliver high quality, scalable and heavily tested software across our stack
- Participate in setting architectural strategy, roadmap, standards, policies, and procedures
- Help steer technical decisions about software architecture
- Be a critical voice in design and code reviews
- Strong experience with Java including idiomatic usage
- Experience with Java, specifically JDK 8,9,10+ and use streaming and lambdas to keep your codebase concise
- Experience with REST applications and services using open-source Java Frameworks - Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Data
- Analytical mindset and an ability to identify and weigh architectural design tradeoffs
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, CI/CD systems
- NoSQL and Relational databases (We use MongoDB, MySQL, and PostgreSQL)
- Experience with data modeling and persistence (sharding, knowing when to denormalize, separation of concerns, etc.)
- Experience designing and developing platform level, reusable components, including event architectures, messaging and caching (JMS, ActiveMQ, Kinesis, Apache Kafka, etc)
- Minimum 3+ years of experience building highly available critical systems
- Proven experience in demonstrating architecture skills at a multi-system level
- Strong soft-skills including working via influence and supporting a growth mindset for your peers
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈