(Senior) iOS Engineer
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Backstory is actively recruiting exceptional iOS engineers that want to work for a small, scrappy start-up with lofty goals.
How teammates succeed at Backstory
- Believe in Backstory's goal to first make our images enjoyable, and then invent memory as a new form of entertainment
- Pride themselves on their kindness, passion, humility and work ethic
- Self-start, stay scrappy, stay focused, move fast, and build
- Take initiative, have the courage to voice and support their opinions
- Take an active part in planning products, and investigating product performance
- Self motivating, self disciplined, and self aware. They enjoy collaborating with teammates to find great solutions, but get most of their energy from their own productivity
- Would rather work smarter and be highly productive to enjoy a great work-life balance
- Focus on great results rather than on process
- Collaborate with team members through concise and articulate speech and writing, in an environment where open communication is the norm
- Challenge, mentor and learn from their peers
As a Senior iOS Engineer, you will utilize your extensive native mobile experience to develop, release, and maintain iOS apps written in a combination of Objective-C, Swift, and Flutter. You'll be excited to learn Flutter if you haven't had the opportunity to utilize the UI toolkit.
You should enjoy crafting elegant and engaging experiences, backed by good quality, readable, testable, and well-documented code. We expect team members to have the discipline to test their own code with a combination of automated and manual testing.
We enjoy challenging each other and collaborating on architecture, design, and best practices. You should too.
What will help you stand out
- A github account with open source projects created by you
- Experience developing image-based applications
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails and web technologies
- Extensive experience working remotely
Working at Backstory
- We believe that life is too short to not love where you work. When all colleagues advocate respect, humility and passion, great things happen.
- We've practiced and advocated for remote work since 2010. We firmly believe that amazing experiences and awesome software don't need to be created in an office.
- We are not a meetings-based company. (We can't stand most meetings.)
- We roll up our sleeves, work fast, hit our goals and get back to friends and family. To achieve that balance, we prefer consistent performance over performance that comes in waves.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Backstory is proud to be committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, religion or disability.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈