Senior Infrastructure Engineer
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US or Canada
Category: Software Development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (we're remote!)
- Mentoring skills: experience with training and educating teammates or colleagues on contemporary operational best practices.
- Infrastructure engineering passion
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools and thoughts about their respective strengths and weaknesses
- Software development background, for example: familiarity with git and common software development practices, ability to write tests, and being capable of reading and understanding the code in order to participate in the code review process.
- Positive attitude! Operations can breed cynicism and we can only succeed with a shared belief that we can solve the hard problems.
- Ability to lead deep technical design discussions within your team, and across partner teams.
- Strong understanding of AWS platform services and their strengths/weaknesses.
- GCP or Azure experience is also good
- Experience managing clustered data applications
- Experience working to improve 24/7 on-call rotations, reducing alert fatigue and improving automation
- Experience with datacenter or major cloud migrations.
- Ability to read code written Ruby or Python
- Ability to write code in Go and Bash
- Ability to debug YAML :)
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!