Senior Growth Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US only
Category: Software Development
Here at Crisp, we value the strength in teamwork, and strongly believe that it’s the key to Crisp’s success. By bringing together bright, motivated creators, wherever they live and work, we are leveraging humanity’s diversity of experience and background in order to understand the challenges facing our food supply, and solve them together. Come join us, and help build the type of business you’d like to be a part of.
We are a socially conscious, distributed team. We give you the opportunity to solve challenges in the global food industry while living where you’re most comfortable and working in areas where you can help foster and grow the community that you are a part of.
We believe in transparency, diversity, merit and fostering a culture of empowerment, personal impact and career growth. As a Senior Growth Engineer you will be working closely with product, marketing and the sales to optimize the business model and drive revenue growth. Success in the role will require the ability to work cross functionally and the ability to manage ambiguity. The Growth team will be responsible for managing the payment system, AB testing, sign up flow, virality and lead generation.
This is an evolving role, currently reporting directly to the VP of Growth with ample opportunity for growth if you play to your strengths.
Signs of a great candidate for Crisp
- Collaborative. You know that your colleagues’ perspectives will make our customers successful. Similarly, you use your strengths to help us grow together. You propose ways for us to be more engaged and successful with our customers.
- Customer focused. Our customers are at the forefront of your day. You prioritize our customers’ voice to ensure their needs are met.
- Ambitious, curious, and resourceful. You are innately curious, and you aren’t afraid to work hard. You are self driven, you take direction well but are able to be creative to find results on your own when asked. You are driven to succeed because your hard work and results make you proud.
- Disciplined and reliable. We are a distributed company and you enjoy the benefits of working distributed while consistently delivering what you have committed to. When you hit a snag, you communicate and reset expectations early.
- Appreciative of honest feedback. You know that the best way to learn and grow is through constructive feedback delivered kindly. You view feedback given to you as an opportunity to get better and strive to do the same for others.
- Work smarter and harder. You often identify a problem, create a solution and bring it to a state of completion - with others, or even on your own. You find ways of eliminating or automating stuff that is uninteresting or wasteful.
Crisp’s Tech Stack
- Statically typed, modern languages. We use Kotlin, TypeScript and React for the UI, and GraphQL with Apollo to communicate with our backend. Knowledge of these specific technologies is not a requirement. If you’re willing to learn, we’re willing to help you along the way.
- Continuous deployment. Code is never far from being deployed to production, because if it’s not in production, it’s not solving problems in the real world. Our branch time spans are short, and features under development are hidden behind feature flags.
- JVM based back-end. The JVM has a robust, rich ecosystem of libraries and tools that we’re leveraging to help us focus on building solutions, not tool-chains.
- Cloud first. As a services offering in the 21st century, the cloud isn’t the future, it’s the present. We’re fully invested in using the features offered by our cloud provider in order to minimize technical debt and maximize productivity.
- Micro-services. Not for the sake of the buzz, but when they make sense. By adopting a modern, thoughtful services architecture we’re able to scale organizationally, reduce technical debt, and maintain a high, sustained velocity.
- Start-up mode. The team is still small, and the product is fresh. You’ll be able to exert a large amount of influence, and contribute to decisions that will determine the future of the product and the team.
Signs of a great candidate for Senior Growth Engineer
- Business Minded Engineering. You have an active interest in the business model and customer behavior. You seek to be part of the decision making process.
- You have a high level of intellectual curiosity. You enjoy data led hypotheses testing and conducting AB experiments. Finding the right solution is more important than being right.
- You thrive in ambiguity. You prefer when tasks clearly define the desired outcome rather than the specific steps required along the way. You enjoy innovating on a concept during development.
- You are an active communicator. You are interested in working cross functionally with product, sales, marketing, and finance. You enjoy working collaboratively with other engineers and are interested in coaching others.
- Tools. The Senior Growth Engineer will also need to help support the following business tools: Stripe, Hubspot, and Segment.
- Growth Mindset. Past experience in a growth engineering team is preferred, but not a requirement.
We are building a team of product people with a breadth of combined experiences so that we can collaboratively enable our customers to be successful. There are no hard requirements on specific background, experience or geographical location. Instead we’re looking for individuals that are capable, reliable, and hoping to grow along with us. Do you have strengths you can share? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!