Senior Go Backend Engineer
3 months ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: Within UTC to UTC+3
Category: Software Development
Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
We constantly strive to innovate. Our systems are written in a modern, testable and object-oriented manner that promotes reusability, generic functionality and high performance. We are in the process of redefining our backend by re-architecting some of our core services as microservices. At the same time, we are integrating high throughput pipelines throughout our platform to enable rich insights for our data science and business intelligence teams. We seek people capable, willing and enthusiastic about participating in both maintaining our systems as well as building the next generation systems for our service.
Are you a Senior Go Backend Engineer who has excellent problem solving skills and loves technical challenges? Can you deliver under pressure, take initiative, work well as part of a team? If yes, then join us and participate in building an amazing product with international reach!
Our remote workforce works East Europe Timezone hours (10am - 6pm) and therefore we will need you to be located within UTC to UTC+3 to reasonably overlap with your team members' work schedule. With the various tools and communication technologies we're using, you'll feel connected to your team. You always have the option to travel to our headquarters for meetings, events, and team bonding—or you can join virtually. Whatever works best for you and your work style.
What you'll do day in day out:
- Design, develop, manage and support microservices and tools written in Golang.
- Solve scalability and performance issues on an operating environment that constantly evolves and grows.
- Debug and resolve issues and perform resolution follow ups.
- Participate in project planning including research and development.
What you need to have:
- Expert understanding of OOP and Design Patterns in one or more languages like: Go, PHP, Python, C#, Java or Kotlin, with more than 5 years of proven, production-grade software development expertise
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience with the design and implementation of large Go based production systems
- Good understanding of distributed systems and architecture
- Solid understanding of synchronous (HTTP, gRPC, etc.) and asynchronous communication (message oriented)
- Knowledge and experience (modelling and architecture) of SQL and relational databases (MySQL)
- Knowledge and experience of non-relational databases (one or more of MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Solid experience with Software Testing
- Experience in version control (Git preferably)
What it's nice to have:
- Experience in Agile Methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience in DDD
- Experience with messaging systems like AWS SQS, Apache Kafka, etc.
- A DevOps mindset
- Experience with Observability (Logs, Metrics, Distributed Tracing) like ELK, Prometheus, OpenTracing
- Experience with spatial data and queries
- Open source contributions
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working hours
- High tech equipment and top line tools
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that gives engineers large goals, autonomy, mentoring and creates incredible opportunities both for you and the company
Please note that you will be working as contractor.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!