(Senior) Full Stack Developer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: EU & Australia
Category: Software Development
Location: Fully remote
Experience: Minimum 3 years
This role is 100% remote. We are looking for Software Developers from the EU and Australia
Full time (contract)
MUST speak fluent English
BibliU is a digital learning platform that is changing the future of the multi-billion-dollar textbook industry. Our mission is to shake up higher education and make reading materials more accessible and learning more effective. We do this by making textbooks and monographs more affordable for students, so that in most cases, they are included in tuition costs. We have incorporated accessibility features to accommodate multiple learning styles and the different needs and preferences of each student.
BibliU has grown rapidly, and during this time we have created Europe's largest digital education content programme, in partnership with Coventry University. Upon entering the US market, we have secured the largest digital textbook programmes in the US with Phoenix and Grand Canyon Universities.
We are working with over 60% of universities in the United Kingdom, and are steadily growing in the US . We have recently raised $10 million in a Series A investment round (you can read more about this on Sky News and EdSurge) and have ambitious plans for continued growth and expansion.
Our team of 60+, of which half the senior management team are women, are currently seeking engineers to work within a global, cross-functional, product-driven team.
About the teams
At BibliU we operate with a number of different Engineering teams. You would be joining either the Library team or the Content & Scalability team, depending on your interests and depending on your timezone. These two teams often collaborate on features but are self-sufficient and responsible for different services within our stack.
The Institution Engineering Team
The main responsibilities of this team are to:
- Build out our product offering for librarians at a number of universities and educational institutions
- Build integrations with third party software, identity providers and customer APIs
- Maintain a healthy development stack
- Develop technical solutions to allow internal teams to configure, sell and support our product
The team is responsible for:
- Services that process the eBooks on the platform, so they can be rendered in the BibliU application,
- Services that process and expose the metadata and pricing information of content,
- Tools and other products (e.g. dashboards) that internal teams use,
- Building our services to scale with the ever growing needs of the industry in mind
Our benefits are all aimed at supporting a healthy work-life balance and cultivating a company culture where you can bring your whole, human self to work.
- 43 days of holiday including public and bank holidays.
- Flexible working
- Annual company retreat
- Equal paternity and maternity cover
- Birthday day off (in addition to annual leave)
Fostering community is important to us. The BibliU book club meets (virtually) every 6 weeks and we have an active Women's Network.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds, experiences and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective and BibliU is committed to building an inclusive and supportive workplace where everyone can do rewarding work.
We are looking for an experienced full-stack developer to work alongside an existing team of engineers. We are looking for you if you:
- Are willing to step up into a team lead role within 12 months of joining
- Have a working knowledge of cloud services (ideally AWS)
- Have a good understanding of remote software development workflows
- Have experience with building and designing REST APIs
Areas of Responsibility
As a senior full stack developer you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to architectural discussions and helping us make technical implementation decisions
- Building new features for our existing products
- Troubleshooting issues and maintaining our existing stack
- Communicating with external stakeholders about technical implementations
- Coaching and supporting junior developers within the team
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: EU & Australia.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈