(Senior) Frontend Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Category: Software Development
Teylor is a fintech startup based in Zurich, Switzerland. Our goal is to bring SME-Lending into the 21st century by building credit-scoring and credit application software that allows European small businesses to get access to financing more easily. Our core product is the Teylor lending technology which digitizes and automates the entire SME credit cycle. Banks use our technology to automate their processes and we use it for our own lending activities. We work to solve two key problems: First, we help banks to digitize, become more efficient, and cut costs. Second, we help SMEs to get faster access to liquidity. Our goal is to become the leading European lending technology provider over the next years and we are now looking for top-talents to join our team.
if you want to work in a dynamic and well-financed fintech that makes a real difference for small businesses and the financial industry, Teylor may be the right place for you. As we are growing fast, we can offer you attractive growth opportunities. If you want to grow together with us, enhance your skill set, and master real challenges, then we are looking forward to your application.
Your Role at Teylor
We are looking for someone with senior-level experience building complex frontend applications to join our team and help build our SaaS lending platform.
In this role you will work closely alongside our existing development team, Head of Lending Solutions and CTO to understand and implement frontend applications for financial software and features. You will build secure, high quality software, while also helping to define MVP approaches to expanding our SaaS platform internationally. You will be working on expanding our platform's feature set to cover use cases for a growing number of banks that rely on the Teylor Lending Cloud to digitise their entire lending operations.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create modern, intuitive, robust, and reusable user interfaces for the Teylor Lending Platform
- Work closely with designers, product managers and other team members to conceptualize, build and launch new features
- Develop user-friendly frontend applications for financial software and services
- Develop and document reusable libraries and components to make future projects faster
- Write production-grade, modular, robust and well-tested code, primarily in TypeScript using React
- Maintain high code quality via robust testing, peer code review and automating as much as possible
- A degree in computer science OR equivalent experience as a frontend engineer
- 5+ years of frontend development experience of which 2+ should be building complex SaaS applications
- Excellent understanding of and experience with React and its core principles
- Experience with popular React workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Excellent written and verbal English
This is a fully remote position and you MUST be located within Europe and willing to work mostly during our standard working hours (~9:00-18:00 CET). You will join an existing distributed team that is used to working remotely.
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with a backend development language such as Go, Java, etc.
- Familiarity with Node.js
- Experience with AWS APIs, CloudFormation and/or other infrastructure as code technologies
- Experience with relational databases and SQL - especially Postgres
- Familiarity with modern build pipelines and tools (CI/CD)
- Experience working in remote teams and at small companies and startups.
- German language skills
The following list are the things that matter to us and that we want to see in the people who join our team, regardless of which position:
- You take responsibility end-to-end and your colleagues can rely on you to show ownership.
- You care about your work and your attitude and how it affects those around you.
- You understand that communication is one of your key responsibilities.
- You make pragmatic decisions that bring the product forward.
- You are open to the ideas and concerns of other departments and stakeholders.
- You work hard, are passionate about building great products and are happy to tackle big challenges.
- You love to teach and to learn from your coworkers.
- You are flexible and not afraid to deal with uncertainty.
And most importantly: You are focused on shipping features for our users and getting the job done.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation package.
- 25 days of paid leave per year.
- Regular team meet ups in different European cities (...once Covid is done).
- Teylor is a fully remote company. We will pay for a part of your coworking fees if you decide to work in a shared office wherever you are located.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈