Senior front-end engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Category: Software Development
At LabelFlow, we build an open image annotation platform. Our mission is to facilitate and accelerate the development of AI models at scale thanks to top-notch labelling tools and a public library of image datasets.
LabelFlow is being built with the experience accumulated by Sterblue (Y Combinator S18), where we have learned first-hand the importance of quality datasets to automate wind turbine and powerline visual inspections.
We are a team of 7 people based in Nantes and Lisbon and we are going full remote. For timezone convenience, the positions are opened in Europe only at this time. We are product driven engineers and developers committed to move fast and execute the best work of our lives!
- Ship, own and continuously improve features of the web app
- Work very closely with the product team to inform the product strategy and direction
- Design advanced UI/UX to make LabelFlow the one stop shop for image labeling
- Contribute to architecting and further developing our frontend tech stack
- Be a company expert on our frontend
- Ensure high-quality standards through code review and testing
The position is open to remote workers located in Europe only for now for timezone convenience. We have team members in Nantes and Lisbon.
Solid experience in the following technical fields is welcome, we have high expectations on these topics. We are interested in your profile for this position if:
- You are proficient in web design: HTML, CSS, Design systems with a portfolio to show it
- You are proficient in data plumbing in React: GraphQL, fetch, Apollo, React Query or similar
- Driven by creating value for customers, not just scientific accuracy and you see perfect as the enemy of done
- Comfortable with ambiguity, lack of structure, and a greenfield environment where you can (and have to) build a lot from scratch
- Experience with advanced aspects of the web platform: Service Workers, IndexedDB, Cache, Canvas, etc.
- Experience with NextJS
- Experience with UI libraries such as Chakra UI or Material UI
- You care about simplicity and performance
- You are interested in the AI and machine learning ecosystem
- Experience with Python
- Get comfortable with the current application and its codebase
- Start working on small issues and improvements
- Develop new features on the web app based on interaction with the product management
- Develop new pages in Next JS
- Build some advanced UI elements for specific tasks
Additionally, here are some general skills that LabelFlow people tend to have
- You are fluent in English
- At least 5 years experience in Front End and UI development
- You are very curious and won't stop searching until you find the answer
- You work meticulously. You like beautiful things and people around you trust you on that
- You are fun and have a life outside of work!
- Remote friendly
- Health insurance 100% carried by LabelFlow
- Meal vouchers - Ticket Restaurant of 8€ (50% paid by LabelFlow)
- Afterworks, knowledge sharing sessions & conferences, team buildings, one week annual team event
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈