(Senior) Front End Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
At Abstract, we develop web applications that help teams design with confidence by providing a version control system and collaboration platform focused on design artifacts. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Front-end team.
- Diagnose and address performance issues prior to releasing the finished product.
- Participate in code reviews and give useful feedback to peers.
- Triage and fix bugs, often working directly with our customers.
- Contribute to server-side APIs — through code, peer review, or both — that are needed to ship features.
- Work closely with the Platform team to ensure any blockers are addressed quickly and thoroughly.
- Assist the QA team with automation tests.
- Lead other engineers on projects.
- Mentor less experienced engineers and help them grow in confidence and capability.
- Communicate proactively with team members and stakeholders about the progress of work.
- Participate in standups, backlog grooming, demos, and retrospectives.
- Work closely with the support team to triage bugs and respond to emergent work.
- Remote work experience.
- Excellent writing skills.
- A passion for life-long learning and a commitment to sharing what you know with others.
- Experience building products and UI using modern web technologies.
- A product mindset and a willingness to ask questions to improve the product, not only in its technical implementation but also in how well it’s serving our customers’ needs.
- The ability to make things happen even when the path is not well defined.
- Ability to clearly discuss and explain complex technical topics to peers, junior engineers, and non-technical audiences.
- Commitment to improvement and an understanding of technical trade-offs.
- Respectful collaboration across teams.
- Willingness to both listen to others and to be heard.
- Enthusiasm for jumping in to diagnose and fix the core issues when things inevitably break.
- Experience working with Flow or Typescript.
- Experience with server-side languages, especially Ruby on Rails.
- In-depth understanding of Git internals.
- Worked on small teams and are comfortable wearing multiple hats.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Mentorship experience.
Abstract is fully-remote (US-based only at this time). If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, building new programs, and have a strong, team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈