At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
More about Security Solutions
The Elastic Security Solutions team is building a new solution that will become the center of the Elastic security analytics offerings. The Elastic stack is already very popular among the security analyst community, and the Security team has the opportunity to significantly improve the user experience and workflows of security analysts. Challenges include collecting all the relevant data, aggregating and visualising it, detecting and alerting on suspicious events, as well as supporting the investigation phase.
The team is diverse and distributed. You will be working remotely with people from Germany, Spain, United States, United Kingdom, and more. We meet via Zoom, brainstorm in Google docs, discuss in open GitHub issues, and chat on Slack.
As a Node.js Engineer on the Security Solutoins team, you will be part of a team developing a high quality, open source SIEM product aimed to help fellow Node.js developers instrument, debug, and monitor Node.js applications. As part of the team, you’ll be deeply involved with the entire codebase and take on responsibilities for new features, improving the resource footprint and roadmap planning. You will also be engaging with the open source community. The team is diverse and distributed across the world, and collaborates on a daily basis over GitHub, Zoom, and Slack.
What you will be doing
- Join the SIEM team alongside other team members, working on a Node.js/Typescript codebase inside Kibana.
- Create Node.js background tasks that do data searches and manipulate large amounts of data.
- Work on the following in a regular release cadence
- Add new features
- Improve the current code base
- Build enterprise-scale backend REST services focusing towards building security, performance, and scalability into services
- Collaborate with UI, UX, cross dependant teams like the Kibana and ML teams
- With the bigger picture in mind, work closely with QA to improve end to end tests
- Working closely with documentation team at every step for better user experience overall
What you will bring along
- In-depth experience with Node.js, including Node.js internals.
- Experience with developing and maintaining reasonably complex software projects with high quality and over multiple years.
- Having developed or contributed to a performance-oriented Node.js library or tooling is a plus.
- Interest and experience in various types of automated testing.
- You know and care about writing performant Node.js code and have traced performance issues yourself. Experience with troubleshooting using Wireshark or tshark is another plus.
- Experience with Node.js apis such http 1.1, http2, and worker_threads, xjs, REST API, Distributed computing and graphql etc. is a big plus.
- Ability to work independently in a globally distributed team.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.