(Senior) Cloud Native Java Developer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
- At Railroad19, we build custom enterprise-level applications and cloud-platform solutions for Fortune 500 companies using diverse, current technologies to best meet our clients' needs.
- We're more than just software consultants. We’re a specialized team of developers and architects who bring depth, value and commitment to the work we do, only bringing our "A" game to the table. Hard work and a desire to lead the industry - this is our company culture - this is what sets Railroad19 apart.
- When you join Railroad19 you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed, while offering you a work/life balance. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
- This is a Full-Time (W2) position offering competitive compensation, as well as comprehensive benefits, vacation, 401k and more.
- The role is remote - U.S. located, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Understand our clients' fast-moving business requirements
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stakeholders
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise-level software
- Build web applications using Java and Spring Boot and/or Spring Cloud
- Build microservices that connect to Oracle and NoSQL databases
- Build software components that integrate with a workflow engine and/or ESB to execute asynchronous business processes
- Manage the complete software development life cycle
- Writing functional and unit tests in order to maintain code quality
- Develop code in a containerized environment using tools like Jenkins or Docker
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a high-performance application that contains little or no defects
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance custom software solutions
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
- Advanced Java development experience (8+ years)
- Hands-on experience with Java 8-11 (especially Stream API Methods, Parallel Processing and Functional Interfaces)
- Experience with Scala is a bonus
- Hands-on experience with Spring Boot
- Hands-on experience with both relational and non-relational databases
- Strong hands-on experience and understanding of data structures, algorithms, Big-O notations, etc.
- Understanding of AWS development tools and technologies (serverless technologies (SNS, SQS, Lambdas are a bonus)
- Hands-on experience developing software in a containerized environment (Jenkins, Docker)
- Passionate for learning new technologies and have a strong sense of pride in delivering high-quality, functional-style code
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Ability to complete tasks and deliverables effectively with little supervision
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or another technical discipline; or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with a microservice architecture
- Experience using messaging middleware
- Experience using ElasticSearch is a plus
- Experience acting as a technical lead is a plus
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈