Senior Backend Engineer -Cloud/AWS (m/f/d)
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Category: Software Development
Pitch, a new company from the makers of Wunderlist, is looking for a backend engineer with deep experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS). If you’re excited about planning and rolling out reliable and simple Cloud infrastructure, you’re in the right place. Pitch is a product-minded company structured in cross-functional teams, where DevOps experts are focused on delivering a great product to the user.
- Lead initiatives for new features with a large infrastructure component
- Plan and build out our cloud infrastructure
- Help expand our Continuous Deployment and Cloud Deployment systems
- Play a key role in handling incidents
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to share and teach
- Ability to wear multiple hats in a cross-functional team
- Ability to focus on the product even when building infrastructure
- 2+ years of working experience of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and key AWS services (EC2, Route53, S3)
- Deep understanding of how the Web works: HTTP, CORS, how to build a REST API
- Deep understanding of IAM and other cloud security mechanism
- Experience in a backend programming language such as Clojure (or equivalents like Golang, Python, etc)
- Understanding of key application metrics and using them to make decisions
- Familiarity with CloudFormation (or similar cloud provisioning systems like Terraform or Pulumi)
- Excellent writing skills. Please submit a writing sample of any kind of technical writing if there’s anything you can share
- Experience with Site Reliability Engineering or Production Engineering
If you tick all these boxes we'd love to get to know you
We value diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds (including dogs).
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!