Senior Backend Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
This is REMOTE position
A rapidly scaling company that provides the platform for wireless operators to offer a complete home broadband solution is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer, who will help to unlock home Internet and streaming video for 100s of millions of users globally.
They have a bold mission of bringing this service to the over 1B home consumers globally which don't have access to home broadband today, but are clamoring for streaming video in their homes as TV evolves to be consumed 100% OTT.
About the role:
This role will be responsible for software development and engineering of the application cloud service, essentially a backend reflective of those of popular OTT VOD and SmartTV services. The App cloud service will be used by millions of users, including in many developing parts of the world, to discover and consume the most popular OTT VOD offerings on their TVs and mobile devices. The individual is a rising star with development of cloud services using microservices architectures, NoSQL databases, and possibly artificial intelligence and the video service delivery chain.
We are looking for candidates with strong experience across the following:
- Microservices architectures, concurrency patterns and memory management, RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc) and NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra, etc) databases, and understanding of building flexible, scalable, high-performing, extensible, testable cloud systems
- Familiarity with recommendation engines and other artificial intelligence driven systems is a plus
- Familiarity with performance focused back-end programming languages (Golang, Java, C++) is a plus
- Familiarity with video transcoding and the end-to-end video delivery chain is a plus
- Software development and implementation of CDN architectures and protocol driven systems, compute and storage clouds and devops services, and real-time IP networking are a plus
- Agile software development and distributed team collaboration
- Clean quality coding, clear documentation, and code management and release tools
- Releasing commercial grade software services and applications
- Leading or contributing to design and architecture of distributed cloud backends is a plus
Areas of responsibility:
- Development of the data feeds
- High volume APIs
- Recommendation engine
- Helping drive the interactions of the App backend and the content distribution service
Please send your CV to [email protected]
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈