(Senior) Backend Developer, Microsoft
4 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Software Development
Open to worldwide talent!
As one of the largest, award-winning, and top-selling app vendors in the Atlassian Ecosystem, we hire only the best and brightest.
What does Tempo do? We enable companies to grasp the true value of time and get meaningful insights into their operations. With our products, managers know exactly how their teams are spending their hours each day. From billing, to resource management, to cost tracking, we are proud to give our customers data they can use. Lately we have been expanding into new ecosystems, most recently Zendesk. It’s an exciting time, with lots of innovation and growth on the horizon!
Our reach is wide: we are happy to support more than 20,000 customers all over the world. We are looking for candidates to bring fresh perspectives to our amazing teams located in Iceland, Canada, and the USA.
Join us and discover the thrill of being part of a team that are not only digging deep in automation, AI and cool tech but also builds great and reliable products our teams and customers’ love!
- Solving difficult technical problems and coming up with innovative solutions to advance our products as a member of one of our development teams
- Working closely with product leads, designers, project managers and software engineers to implement versatile solutions to stay ahead of the needs of our customers
- Driving innovation by coming up with new and innovative ideas for our products and processes
- Approaching development issues by being mindful of user experience, performance, quality and security aspects
- Liaising with other developers to promote great software design and quality
- Designing and maintaining APIs
- Launching, iterating and making a difference to the team’s performance and being committed to making our products better for our users
The Ideal Candidate
- IMPORTANT: Has experience working with Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Loves Java and has an excellent background in applying knowledge of Java and JVM to build scalable software. Combines this with practical knowledge of other JVM languages (like Scala, Groovy, Clojure, Kotlin) and web frameworks (Spring, Play, Rails/Grails, etc). Experience with Python and Node.js is a plus
- Has an impressive track record in applying deep architectural understanding of web applications to develop and scale successful products and systems
- Has experience with designing and maintaining APIs for public consumption
- Applies expert knowledge of some back-end technologies like Jersey, AWS, Hibernate, Lucene, JPA or others
- Is capable to contribute to our mission to continuous delivery of our software by working on build and deployment pipelines
- Is creative, innovative in finding solutions to complex problems and capable of testing their own code.
- Is a self-starter and motivates others with enthusiasm and collaboration.
What's In It For You
- Remote work!
- Unlimited vacation in most of our locations!!
- Great benefits plan including health, dental, vision and more
- Great office spaces in Canada, the US & Iceland
- Diverse and dynamic teams
- Challenging and exciting work
- An opportunity to have a real impact on our business
- Free breakfast and snacks
- A great range of social activities
- And so much more!!
Come and join our amazing & high-performing Tech Team!
Note: As our hiring teams are global, please submit your resume in English only!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈