(Senior) Backend Developer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Turkey
Category: Software Development
Socio is looking for a great Backend Developer who will be responsible for the development and maintenance of our backend projects and APIs that are powering our iOS, Android and Web applications. The primary focus will be the development, maintenance, and improvement of our Rails API applications. Our engineers collaborate with each other to work on different layers of the infrastructure Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
You'll get to:
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Optimize the products for maximum speed and scalability.
- Implement security and data protection for Socio products.
- Design and implement data storage solutions.
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve applications.
- Record and update work using an Agile framework through Atlassian JIRA.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote work environment.
- An understanding of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- The ability to create software that's extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives.
- Experience in a peak performance organization, preferably a tech startup.
- Experience working with scaling user-focused mobile applications.
- Experience and interest in mentoring junior engineers.
- Experience with testing methodologies (RSpec) and writing API documentation (Swagger) is a plus.
- Experience with versioning systems via Git.
- Position is REMOTE (Work from Home is completely OK - we have an agreement with Kolektif House where you can go and work during the day - Istanbul only)
- Hiring Interviews are ONLINE (through Zoom Video conference)
Who are we?
Socio is a venture-backed SaaS company that helps SMBs and enterprises power event success for their virtual, in-person, and hybrid events. With clients like Google, Microsoft, and PepsiCo, Socio is being used in thousands of events globally while facilitating millions of interactions every day.
As we grow, we are building a team that does awesome work and has an amazing time doing it. If you're looking to be challenged every day, make a huge impact, and help define the future of events, we would love to talk to you!
We provide benefits and support to help you rest easy and focus on things that matter. Some of our perks include:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Work From Home Full-Time
- Flexible Hours & Workspaces
- Learning & Development Support
- $300 WFH Bonus
All potential employees must pass a background check.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Turkey.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈