(Senior) Android Kotlin Developer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Multiple locations
Category: Software Development
We're on the mission to help businesses save time and money, and unleash their human potential. Our vision is to power and empower millions of businesses with our software.
We're a scale-up stage startup in the Workforce Management space that have fully embraced remote work since 2017. Headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, we have 65+ staff in 13 different countries.
We created PayrollPanda.my and Jibble.io, founded in 2016 and 2017 respectively. PayrollPanda is Malaysia's leading cloud payroll software, and Jibble is an award-winning time clock solution.
Our latest investment round was at a $38m valuation, with our ARR (annual recurring revenue) growing by over 90% p/a as we close in on becoming the leading HR SaaS company in South-East Asia, with 3,500+ paying customers across 50+ different countries.
We're looking for a highly experienced senior Android Kotlin developer to work on Jibble and PayrollPanda. It's an exciting opportunity for a developer who is looking for a new challenge with a fast-growing startup targeting the fastest-growing region in the world - South-East Asia.
The position offers a competitive salary, paid holidays and a fully remote work environment. When possible, we have annual meetups with the entire team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building the Jibble 2.0 Android app using Kotlin
- Improving existing features of the product and working on new features as we continue to scale.
- Ensuring code quality and standards while meeting deadlines and delivering targets set by the product team.
- Working closely with the product manager and designer in implementing features according to the set timeline.
- At least 3+ years of commercial mobile development experience
- Experience with Kotlin
- Able to implement pixel perfect designs
- Familiar with Constraint Layout
- Familiarity with Android Architecture Components such as LiveData, ViewModel, & Navigation Component
- Reactive programming (RxJava or RxKotlin) experience
- Practical experience in MVVM design pattern usage
- Familiar with the concept of Dependency Injection
- Deep understanding of Unit Tests
- Experience in using Mocks
- Familiar with Git, pull requests and code reviews
- Experience in REST API use on mobile apps
- At least one published app written in Kotlin
- Agile (Kanban) software development experience
- Experience working in remote teams is a plus
- Located within UTC - UTC+8 time zones
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Multiple locations .
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈