(Senior) Android Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: Software Development
TribalScale is a global innovation firm that uniquely blends digital transformation, product development and design, and startup co-creation in the service of technological enablement and innovation.
TribalScale’s product designers, product managers, engineers, and subject matter experts create digital solutions for web, mobile, and emerging technologies and we transform our clients into digital-first companies through immersive teaching and collaborative development: pair programming.
Overall, TribalScale partners and works with enterprise organizations to enable client success in today’s rapidly changing digital market.
You are excited about connecting the world and want to join a small team of ambitious technologists. You have a strong passion about building cool products and want to work somewhere where you’re trusted from Day 1. You appreciate the sense of ownership and being recognized and rewarded properly for all the work that you have done. You also have the strong desire of working directly with the founders who have world class experience on developing products from the ground up and launching them into the market.
- Elegantly bring designs to life by using cutting edge technologies and techniques
- Lead client-facing projects in small teams
- Take ownership of the quality and usability of your code
- Be a team player in a highly collaborative environment
- 5+ years experience with Android
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience with TDD or Android testing suites
- Proficient in CI/CD
- Experience with Android SDK, including Android Architecture Components/Jetpack
- Experience working with third party API (RESTful or GraphQL)
- Strong communication skills for a pair programming environment
- Team Player: You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience leading workshops or "Lunch and Learns"
- Experience working directly with clients
- Experience developing SDK's
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front the mobile revolution, are expert builders in Voice tech, and now, they’re connecting the world. They've worked with brands including iHeart Radio, the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomics, and tons more.
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and brings value. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut.
- Growth: We’re a rocket ship ready to take-off, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Office closed over Winter holidays
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: Blue Jays game, beach day, and more
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meet-ups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- Professional development allowance
At TribalScale our company is built on doing things differently and challenging the status quo. We don’t just support differences, we celebrate and thrive on difference for the benefit of our employees, our solutions, and our partners.
TribalScale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, able-bodiedness or gender identity.
TribalScale welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈