Senior Android Developer
1 Second Everyday
6 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000 - $123,000 USD / year
Category: Software Development
1 Second Everyday is a video diary app that makes it easy to create the movie of your life. In a couple of minutes, parents can relive the first year of their child's life, look back at their last family vacation, or see their entire journey together. It gives anyone the power to reflect on school, friends, projects, and adventures. From our humble Kickstarter beginnings, we've grown into an award-winning app with millions of downloads.
About the Senior Android Developer position
We are a small but growing company looking for a Senior Android Developer to join our 100% distributed team. You will be an integral part of our Android team and will work with our product design team to help us make a great app, and also a great Android app. As you’ll be joining a small Android team of one, you will help shape our culture which includes code review and efforts to increase automated testing.
- This is a full-time, remote position.
- We’re offering between $80,000-$123,000 USD per year for this role based on your experience and cost of living
- No share options or equity
- This position requires travel to our semi-annual retreats (Last one was Peru and allowed families to come too!)
Senior Android Developer responsibilities:
- Drive software development in all parts of our Android app including new features, fixing bugs, refactoring, etc.
- Write well-designed, testable, and efficient code
- Faithfully implement UI designs (with the understanding that it's a 2-way dialogue)
- Bring up junior and intermediate developers in the future
- Make an app that is a good citizen of the Android platform by embracing OS features and UI conventions
- Work with our support team to help explain and resolve problems as they arise
- Help determine the scope of projects and break them down into smaller tasks
- Work with our services team on API changes and backwards compatibility
Senior Android Developer requirements:
- Experience working on a distributed team
- Ability to work well with other people and communicate professionally
- Willingness to help others learn and grow without judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficiency with git
- 5+ years of experience of building and shipping native Android apps
- Expert knowledge of Java and a strong knowledge of Kotlin
- Experience with technical writing such as documentation and specifications
- Share and embody our company values
- Travel to our semi-annual retreats
Bonus skills & attributes:
- Experience with RxJava (or Reactive Extensions in another language)
- Experience with jUnit, Mockito, and Hamcrest (or other automated testing tools)
- Experience with dependency injection frameworks like Dagger
- Making network requests with Retrofit
Benefits & perks:
- Paid open vacation policy - We offer a MINIMUM of 2 weeks off each year. This isn't a vague policy where open vacation means no vacation.
- Healthcare benefits (currently only available in the United States.
- Travel Bonus - $500 per year for a NO WORK vacation on your anniversary.
- Wellness Bonus - $50 a month for a gym membership, yoga class, book club, or whatever makes you happy.
- 2 weeks paid parental leave.
- Conferences of your choice.
Why work at 1SE?
- Travel the world for our semi-annual paid retreats (Last one was Peru and allowed families to come too!)
- You'd join our 100% distributed team - we value autonomy and flexible lifestyles.
- We're a diverse team across 6 countries, 5 languages, and 7 time-zones (First remote-baby for us!)
- You would work on an award-winning and beloved product with a diverse community around the world!
- Help continue our story.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We are a diverse team and welcome all walks of life. 1 Second Everyday is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are continuously expanding our hiring capabilities in other geographies. However, at this time we are unable to hire employees and contractors who reside and have to be paid in the specified countries below:
We encourage you to continue to check back with future postings as we continue to expand our operational abilities in these countries.
Don't think this position is the right fit? Check out our other open positions!
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!