Senior Analytics Engineer
2 weeks ago
Abstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate on Sketch files. Our company’s mission is to dramatically improve the productivity, transparency and impact of Design. Since launching in July 2017, over 5,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from Microsoft, Cisco, Intuit, Salesforce, Instacart, OpenTable, and more.
At Abstract, we are actively working to build a diverse and inclusive organization. Here, diversity includes age, economic class, educational background, ethnic variance, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, or veteran status.
Abstract is headquartered in San Francisco but many of our teams and roles are remote-first (US-based only at this time). If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, building new programs, and have a strong, team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you!
This role is responsible for maintaining and improving Abstract’s data stack to support business intelligence users and decision-makers across the company. In this role, you will collaborate with stakeholders across the company to understand their needs, and leverage technical skills and experience in aggregating and presenting data in order to create robust reports, data products, and business solutions to address those needs.
What you'll do:
- Design and build full-stack data infrastructure and tooling, from ingestion/logging through ETL, visualization, and delivery.
- Lead the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, and tools to generate insights on product performance, customer behavior, business performance and forecasting.
- Work with business stakeholders to gather requirements, then collaborate with other Analytics engineers to create reporting and analytic solutions, and write great documentation for clear data governance.
- Be a strong advocate for a culture of process and data-informed decision-making across the whole company.
- Design efficient data structures to support analytics and reporting that scale with company growth.
What you'll bring:
- Ability to quickly acquire and leverage business knowledge when designing technical solutions.
- Prior experience in a data role working with data warehouses and business intelligence tools at a growing SaaS company.
- Experience building and managing data pipelines on an AWS (or other cloud) stack.
- Strong SQL skills, including SQL for data transformation and data profiling.
- Experience implementing best-practices for data modeling, especially with regards to dimensional modeling for business intelligence.
- Expertise in experimental design and analysis, particularly with messy real-world data.
- Ability to tell the story behind the numbers.
- Ability to prioritize a large volume of requests by using a business-driven lens.
- Experience with one programming language, preferably Python.
- Experience with git and git-based workflows.
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing. We provide 99% healthcare coverage, including dental, vision, and life insurance. We offer 10 weeks parental leave, unlimited paid-time off, and flexible working arrangements. Additional perks include dependent care and health care FSA as well as commuter benefits for SF office employees.
To help employees plan for the future, we're able to offer competitive pay and a 401k.
We are a distributed team and we are able to offer US-based remote employment for most roles. We offer travel opportunities for company meetings, team meet-ups, and the occasional conference.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; Elastic Projects will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click
to report dead link!