Security and Cryptography Engineer
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Brave is hiring a Security and Cryptography Engineer to help keep our users safe. This is a full-time role, reporting to our Chief Information Security Officer and working closely with the Brave Rewards team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Security/privacy reviews of critical payments-related code, both client-side and server-side
- Writing and auditing browser C++ for security issues
- Reviewing, designing, and implementing zero-knowledge cryptographic protocols
- Working on automated tests and fuzzing
- At least 2 years work experience or equivalent in security engineering
- Significant experience in applied cryptography, especially zero-knowledge proofs
- Experience in penetration testing and/or security auditing
- Strong proficiency in C++, both implementing and reviewing
Optional qualifications (we don’t expect applicants to have most of these):
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails and/or Node.js web frameworks
- Fuzzing experience
- Competitive salary
- PTO is unlimited in U.S., 20 days + your birthday in Canada
- Generous health and retirement benefits
- Stock option grant
- Travel and conference budgets
- Commuters benefit (SF only)
- SF Office South of Market
- Flexible remote work
Brave is committed to fair hiring practices and ensuring a diverse organization.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!