Ruby on Rails Developer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Hello prospective pickle! Design Pickle is expanding our product engineering team and looking for a Ruby on Rails Engineer to keep our product moving forward with beautiful and clean code.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing tech-enabled services company that is well-positioned to grow further onto the international stage.
Reports to: Lead Engineer
On a daily basis, works closely with: Product team, and cross functional with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success
Location: Design Pickle is a fully remote company with a Company Hub in Scottsdale, Arizona.
First, Design Pickle is anything but typical. We're a group of hard-working, creativity-loving individuals from around the world.
Do we love pickles, too? Most of us! But don't stress if pickles aren't your thing. It's not a deal-breaker. We do look for a passion and interest in something though because our employees' uniqueness is what helped make us the great company we are today.
We stand by our vision, purpose, and values, and these are mission-critical to how you show up every single day.
Specific to your role, we're looking for individuals who have…
- Have at least 2 or more years of Ruby on Rails, React, or front-end coding languages experience in a professional setting or relevant equivalent
- Have a proven track record of getting things done, you're organized as hell and completely goal and project-oriented
- Know how to handle high volume, consumer-facing websites. Even better if you have worked on subscription-based sites or SaaS business structure
- Excel at working independently and as a member of a small team
- Possess the ability to clearly communicate and identify areas of improvement and provide appropriate solutions with code
- Can show a breadth of technical knowledge which you use to contribute to the direction of other professional environments and developmental processes
Bonus Pickle Points:
- An astute eye for process improvements
- Proven track record of building and/or improving company culture.
- Exceptional written communication - we're a remote first company so effective communication is vital
- Familiarity with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS™).
As a fast-growing company, our roles are always evolving. However, we want you to know exactly what you're walking into. In the first 90-days, here is a preview of what's expected:
- Develop features using maintainable, readable, modular, and easy to change code
- Release code that is free of errors
- Continue to learn new technologies and techniques to improve the existing code base
- Expand on and build Design Pickle's Platform and our sister companies - JARHQ and FreshStock into usable products that interfaces client needs
- Revamp Design Pickle's platform to be a seamless user experience with back end functionality
Uncapped PTO: Hate seeing your PTO hours decrease as the year goes on? Not anymore! There is no cap or number associated with the amount of PTO days you can request.
Major medical healthcare: We offer Bronze, Silver, and Gold major medical plans through United Healthcare which is managed seamlessly through Gusto.
Dental and vision insurance: We work with Beam Dental and VSP for ancillary coverage.
Remote-work flexibility: More productive at home? Not based in Scottsdale, AZ? Fine with us! We are a remote-first company with people all over the country.
World-class Company Hub: More productive in an office? Also, fine with us! Our Company Hub is set up with state-of-the-art standing desks, high-definition monitors, breakout rooms for meetings and calls, a podcast studio, a relaxation room, a merch wall, and a cold plunge! ….yes, we said a cold plunge.
In-office gym: Our Company Hub also has a small CrossFit-style gym with Peloton studio available for any pickles to use!
Life changing massage chair: We change lives through creativity...and massages. Our team has traveled far and wide to take advantage of a life changing massage chair that is housed in our Company Hub. One massage is all it will take to radically transform your life.
New parent leave: Design Pickle encourages all primary caregivers to take up to 8 weeks leave for a new family member, including adoption, at full salary.
Paid training and personal development: We offer a yearly stipend for employees to continue to grow their skillset and learn things to help them in their careers.
Stock option potential: We give our tenured staff a stake in what we're building here.
Pet insurance: Have a furry friend? Design Pickle offers pet insurance through United Pet Care for discounted vet visits, medication, and procedures.
Team retreats, social events, and adventures: Pickle collaboration is important to us! We host regular social events, get-togethers, and experiences for our staff.
Design Pickle was founded in 2015 with a vision to change lives through its creative software, solutions, and services. Since then, the company has grown to be the #1 flat-rate creative services company in the world. We have served tens of thousands of clients with a team that spans the globe.
In 2019 & 2020, Inc. 5000 listed Design Pickle as one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
We are a company that takes our core values to heart:
We aim for Mister-Rogers-Level friendliness; every interaction comes from a place of inclusion, empathy, kindness, and respect.
We are resourceful, efficient, and committed to constant improvement by leveraging our time, technology, and resources.
We speak from the heart, operate with integrity, and guide every decision, conversation, and action with honesty (even when no one is looking).
We embrace our collective responsibility to delight customers, support our teammates, and give back to the community.
We are ambitious creators with grit by the jarful. We take ownership of our decisions and grow from our mistakes.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈