Ruby on Rails Developer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: Europe Only
Category: Software Development
We are looking for talented mid-level to senior Ruby on Rails developer with a wide range of programming skills who are able to learn new technologies quickly.
Tired of spending your valuable time dealing with clients directly, estimating, proposing, invoicing, and looking for clients who just disappear when the bill is due? When you join our team as a full-time remote freelance contractor, we’ll handle all of this for you.
- Work the hours that best fit your schedule.
- Work from the comfort of your own home.
- We engage the clients and win the projects so that you can focus on your passion: creating amazing code.
- Start with an hourly rate $25 USD / hour and work your way up to 35 USD / hour. (Most of our projects are hourly based, some have fixed budget.)
Note: Our job ads are aimed on developers from Central Europe. Consider whether you apply if you don't have a reasonable time overlap with CET or live in an area with high living costs.
- You are able to deliver projects on time and at a high-quality level
- You have a passion for development and continuous self-education in your area of expertise
- You have code examples showing all your relevant skills. Each code example should be a non-trivial example showing your best skills and knowledge
- You have a consistent coding style and passion for well-organized, clean code
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in English
You should have:
- Experience in developing web applications in Ruby on Rails
- PostgreSQL and database design knowledge
- Familiarity with and have used Git
- Ability to communicate well in English
- Knowledge of performance optimization of applications
- Experience in integrating with third-party APIs
- TDD/BDD experience
- Familiarity with popular libraries (for example: RSpec or Sidekiq)
Bonus if you have:
- Basic knowledge of Linux system administration and project deployment
- Familiarity with AWS and/or Heroku
This is how our recruitment process works:
- We will check your application and code examples to see if you would be a good fit to our team.
- If you pass the initial screening, we will invite you to do our Ruby on Rails test project.
- If you pass the test, we will invite you to a call or on-site interview focused on soft-skills.
- If you pass the 1st interview, we will invite you to the 2nd interview focused on technical skills and knowledge.
- If you pass the 2nd interview, you can become a member of Xfive. Congratulations! :)
For more details, check out our blog post How we hire great developers.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!