1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
We are looking for an experienced developer to help build improve and build out backend code that interfaces with external systems. As an early hire on a small team, you'll have a huge stake in what we build and how we work.
What you'll be doing:
Working hand in hand with other engineers in developing API endpoints and services that proxy requests to various other applications. Some of these rely on message queues, some are xml, some are json. Day to day work will involve writing code, developing tests, and debugging. As a senior engineer you will be expected to give input on high level architecture decisions, and communicate those decisions to other developers on the team.
We are looking for someone with the following skill set:
- 4+ years experience in working with Ruby on Rails
- The desire to mentor and improve junior and mid level developers
- Experience with a front end JS framework (like Angular, React, Backbone)
- The ability to write code that is a pleasure for other engineers to read and understand
- The ability to speak and write in terms that non-developers can understand clearly, whether it be in a conference call, blog post or support email
Salary for this position is competitive - in addition, we offer both a tech, and a continuing education stipend.
Must be located within the US
Ability to obtain low-level federal clearance is required
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈