1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Software Development
TribalScale is an innovation firm that brings organizations - from the startup to the enterprise - into the future. We build digital products, transform teams, and grow startups. We’re headquartered in Toronto and have offices around the world. The future is bright, and we’re always looking for excited technologists to create with us.
Some of the platforms that we work with:
- Mobile & Web (iOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
- Connected Cars and Homes
- OTT (Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, tvOS)
You are excited about connecting the world and want to join a small team of ambitious technologists. Your biggest pet peeve are products that fail to be great because they were shipped with defects. Your strengths include manual and automation testing, planning and execution for both web and mobile. You pride yourself in helping ship great products that are stable, reliable, and work flawlessly; even around the edge cases.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work Remotely (9:00am-5:00pm EST) to develop and execute manual and automated testing
- Participate in sprint planning, estimation, and review processes using Agile methodologies for web and/or mobile
- Analyze the testing needs and develop testing strategy and plans
- Work collaboratively within high performance cross-functional teams to ensure the clarity of requirements
- Developing and executing test suite for each testing phase
- Responsible for bug tracking and maintaining accurate status
- 2+ years of experience in Quality Assurance, inluding experience in the design and development of test strategies for both web and mobile
- Knowledge of a variety of testing techniques and methodologies
- Experience in one or more scripting languages and/or programming languages like Java
- Understanding QA/Test Automation Best Practices
- Strong analytical, debugging, problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Experience using tools like Pivotal Tracker and/or Jira
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience working with Selenium, Appium, Espresso or EarlGrey
- Experience working with Postman and API testing
- Experience with web services and APIs and understanding of testing for web based API
- Knowledge of Android Studio, Xcode,
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front the mobile revolution, are expert builders in Voice tech, and now, they’re connecting the world. They’ve worked with brands including the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomics, and tons more.
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and brings value. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut.
- Growth: We’re a rocketship ready to take-off, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them.
At TribalScale our company is built on doing things differently and challenging the status quo. We don’t just support differences, we celebrate and thrive on difference for the benefit of our employees, our solutions, and our partners.
TribalScale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, able-bodiedness or gender identity.
TribalScale welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈