1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US or Greece
First appeared on StackOverflow
Category: Software Development
We are looking for a Python-focused software engineer to build and enhance our existing APIs and integrations with the Scientific Python ecosystem. TileDB’s Python API (https://github.com/TileDB-Inc/TileDB-Py) wraps the TileDB core C API, and integrates closely with NumPy to provide zero-copy data access. You will build and enhance the Python API through interfacing with the core library; build new integrations with data science, scientific, and machine learning libraries; and engage with the community and customers to create value through the use of TileDB.
Our headquarters are in Cambridge, MA, USA and we have a subsidiary in Athens, Greece. However, you will have the flexibility to work remotely as long as your residence is in the USA or Greece. US candidates must be US citizens, whereas Greek candidates must be Greek or EU citizens.
In your first 30 days, you will familiarize yourself with TileDB, the TileDB-Py API and the TileDB-Dask integration. After 30 days, you will be fully integrated in our team. You’ll be an active contributor and maintainer of the TileDB-Py project, and ready to start designing and implementing new features, as well as engaging with the Python and Data Science community.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Expertise in Python and experience with NumPy
- Experience interfacing with the CPython API, and Cython or pybind11
- Experience with Python packaging, including binary distribution
- Experience with C, C++, Rust, or a similar systems-level language
- Distributed computation with Dask, Spark, or similar distributed computation system
- Experience with a machine learning library (e.g. scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Theano)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or a similar cloud platform
- Experience with dataframe-focused systems (e.g. Arrow, Pandas, data.frame, Vaex)
- Experience with technical data formats such as (e.g. Parquet, HDF5, VCF, DICOM, GeoTIFF)
- Experience with other technical computing systems (e.g. R, MATLAB, Julia)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% medical and dental insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Flexibility to work remotely (anywhere in the US or Greece)
TileDB, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive team.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!