1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Category: Software Development
You probably haven’t run into a company like Olark before.
We are a values-driven, fully remote team working together to change the way people communicate with businesses. Our passion for our over 10,000 customers is a direct result of our people centric model. We’ve been around for 10 years, are bootstrapped, and have an award-winning customer support team.
We are looking for a Product Engineer to join us shaping the future of messaging — we need you to help build our next-generation agent experience from the ground up. Our product team consists of our Product Engineering Manager (this is who you'll report to), two senior product engineers, and a senior product designer.
- Research, learn and apply software development best-practices for our team
- Participate in collaborative product design sessions, bringing your opinions and ideas, while keeping our customers in mind
- Work across technical stacks as needed (e.g. Python, datastores)
- Collaborate across teams, including engineering, product design, customer support and marketing
We welcome both experienced developers with 4+ years of experience or career changers who are in their first couple years of dedicated engineering. What’s most important is you have a passion for product development, have demonstrated skill at building apps, and are honing your craft as an engineer.
Does this sound like you?
- Want to work for a tight-knit, fully remote, people-first organization
- Have some familiarity with React and GraphQL, as well as some familiarity with Python as a backend platform
- Love to solve customer problems, are always thinking ahead, anticipating problems, and curious about the viewpoints of our customers
- Love working remotely (or are interested in starting!) and want to make the remote experience even better
- Are empathetic; you realize listening is just as important as speaking your mind. You assume good faith of your teammates when there is conflict, and are curious about understanding their perspectives.
You Can Expect A lot From Us:
- A great remote culture and team: Even though we’re geographically dispersed, our team makes the effort to connect to one another and we provide in person opportunities to further enhance that bond. We genuinely like each other.
- A life outside of work: Olarkers generally work 40 hour weeks. Work is a marathon, not a sprint. We are building a company for the long haul.
- We value your time to do focused work: We have one weekly required engineering meeting and a team wide sync. We also get together once a year for our annual team-wide Olarker retreat. We appreciate and take advantage of the time we have to get in sync, but we also respect time to think and do focused work.
- We provide a full benefits package, including medical/dental/vision benefits, 3-month paid parental leave, uncapped vacation, professional development budget, a coworking space stipend, and lots of other perks.
Olark is committed to diversity in its workforce. Olark is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈