Principle Network Security Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
We're looking for a person who has experience managing security projects and has a strong technical background in both networking and security.
You'll be joining the Hosting Services group consisting of 3 remote teams that have a broad array of skills and experience. When you boil it all down, our core values are:
- Integrity and transparency in intentions, actions, and words.
- Pursuit of technical elegance and sound architecture.
- Work/Life balance and health for our team members and their families.
Know that there is much work to be done, and we work at a brisk pace here. However, this is balanced by our generous paid vacation and holiday benefits that total 31+ days a year. We additionally offer 5 paid sick days, should you need them.
What you'll be doing:
- Own the design, implementation, and maintenance of our network and security infrastructure.
- Hammer out routine change requests on networking and firewall devices.
- Continuously improve our security posture with advanced threat detection and recovery methodologies (SIEM).
- Collaborate with our team, partners, and vendors to integrate best practice methodologies at all levels within the hosting network.
- Serve as the technical leader for various network and security projects. Projects include MFA, rolling out OTP devices, and optimizing log analysis/alerting.
- Participate in compliance and security audits and advocate for strong security discipline.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in Corporate IT and Product Development to facilitate best security practices related to user access, data transfer, and product deployment to minimize risks to our hosted environments.
- Serve as a member of PeopleFluent's 24/7 Response Team by participating in on-call rotations and off hours escalations to keep our systems up and running.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- You communicate when you need help, don't understand requirements, think there's a better path forward, etc. Open communication is key to the success of our team.
- You must be able to work in a fast paced environment and maintain your cool.
- You must understand and be able to support high availability networks.
- You have a deep understanding of security and networking best practices.
- You are well versed in subnet masking, VLANs, NAT.
- You are well versed in routing configurations (OSPF, static, etc).
- You have hands-on experience with firewall technologies, WAFs, and IDS/IPS. The type of device matters less than a deep understanding of how these devices function and their best practices.
- You can create and organize great documentation, usually without being prompted. We are huge fans of clear and concise documentation.
- You are capable of performing network analysis and proactive monitoring.
Nice to haves:
- You've been through ISO and SOC audits and understand the how and why of security practices and building solid audit trails.
- Experience with point to point circuits, MPLS, VPNs, and tunneling in general.
- Experience with Load balancers (such as F5s).
- You have both public cloud and on premises infrastructure experience.
- Automation of your daily activities is second nature.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation as well as 11 paid holidays and 5 paid sick days.
- Eligibility for health benefits upon date of hire. These include medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA plans, short and long term disability, and company paid life insurance. Additionally, you'll be eligible to participate in our 401(k) plan.
- Stock options in the form of our ShareSave plan. We're listed on the London exchange, feel free to look up our ticker LTG.L or click here to take a look at the stock's history on our site.
- We provide access to technical and non-technical courses via Udemy.
- Work with the great group of folks that make up the Hosting Services teams.
About the company:
PeopleFluent provides flexible cloud solutions that put learning at the heart of talent strategy. As a market leader in integrated talent management and learning solutions, PeopleFluent helps companies hire, develop, and advance a skilled and motivated workforce. Deployed separately or as a suite, our Recruiting, Onboarding, Performance, Succession, Compensation, and Learning solutions deliver a superior user experience that guides managers and employees with contextual learning – right in the flow of work.
PeopleFluent Learning is part of Learning Technologies Group plc (LTG).
For more information, visit www.peoplefluent.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
EOE, including disability/vets
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈