Principal Cloud Security Engineer
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Software Development
There are 2 actors on a network, people and machines. People use usernames and passwords to identify and get access to machines. Machines use keys and certificates to identify and get access each other. Venafi is the inventor of the technology that secures and protects keys and certificates, the most important assets of our Global 5000 customers. We are Warriors!
Are you passionate about making a positive impact and protecting the world from cyber criminals? If so, you may be a natural Venafi Warrior!
How you’ll be protecting the world:
As Principal Cloud Security Engineer you will play an integral role in driving Venafi’s security posture. You will be primarily focused on establishing, implementing, and overseeing the overall security of the Venafi Cloud Platform. Venafi Cloud Platform is Venafi’s SaaS platform for solving all Machine Identity Protection problems. The Principal Cloud Security engineer will investigate, create and or recommend innovative technologies or designs to enhance the security of cloud-based environments
Key Result Areas:
- Drive change and instill a security mindset on multiple levels across the entire Venafi organization.
- Lead the transition to a secure agile delivery methodology to ensure the cloud product and data are secure.
- Review Venafi Cloud architecture for alignment with security best practices and collaborate with developers and other security engineers to deliver a highly secure application.
- Create and manage security strategies, manage security incidents, improve processes, and lead penetration tests and code reviews.
- Coordinate with external security service providers for compliance and certification services.
- Contribute, develop, and/or deliver security awareness training to team members.
- Communicate with Venafi field and customers about the security posture of the Venafi Cloud Platform and its adherence to security best practices.
The ideal Venafi Warrior will be armed with:
- 10+ years Information security experience is required with Bachelor’s degree in Information Security or relevant field
- 5+ years of experience working with SaaS applications
- Experience with establishing and implementing security best practices in a modern IaaS platform such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure.
- Demonstrated skills with security frameworks, defense strategies, security tools and protocols
- Experience with implementing and socializing secure SDLC practices
- Ability to effectively communicate security issues to technical and non-technical teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to think strategically and creatively
While you are busy protecting the world, we’ve got you covered!
In addition to fostering a work environment with a strong work from anywhere ethic, Venafi offers a benefit package that is in the top 1%. We provide 100% employer paid premiums for both team members and their families. That includes health, dental, and vision insurance. YES, REALLY! We offer four weeks of PTO (Paid Time Off), eleven holidays, and a “pick your own community service day.” We also offer 401(k) and company matching, company HSA contribution, 2x salary employer paid life insurance and parental leave. We even offer pet insurance!
More About Venafi:
Venafi is the undisputed heavy weight champion in Machine Identity Protection. Why? Because we created the category and are light years ahead of anyone that would consider competing! Gartner has recognized Venafi as number one in our space and as it turns out, one is NOT the loneliest number!
Venafi is the inventor of the technology that secures and protects keys and certificates. Venafi protects machine identity types by orchestrating cryptographic keys and digital certificates for SSL/TLS, IoT, mobile and SSH. Many of the largest organizations in the world use Venafi.
Billions of dollars have been spent protecting usernames and passwords and almost nothing protecting keys and certificates—organizations are just now realizing that protecting keys and certificates is as important as protecting usernames and passwords. The bad guys know this and are using stolen or forged keys and certificates to attack networks and steal data. In fact, Gartner says 50% of network attacks will use certificates.
Come help us protect the world!
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!