Platform Engineering Manager
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
We're only able to consider applicants based in the United States at this time. (You can work remotely anywhere in the United States, or from our office in San Francisco.)
We're looking for a Platform Engineering Manager to help lead a distributed team of platform engineers developing primarily in Golang. We're a small team distributed around the US & Europe, with headquarters in San Francisco. We iterate quickly, build for the long term, and are looking for smart, independent folks who want to ply their trade with like-minded people.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working collaboratively, across teams & timezones, and helping us define our platform culture. You'll have significant impact, since the product & team is in its early stages. You'll have a full team to support you, from research and design, through planning, development, deployment, delivery, and iteration.
- Lead a team of backend software engineers.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of shipped software.
- Recruit, build, coach and mentor, reinforcing engineering excellence.
- Be hands on enough that you can define architecture, contribute to code reviews, and ensure the health and scalability of the API services.
- Develop effective partnerships and collaboration with other teams at Archipelago.
Experience and Qualifications
- 2+ years experience working for a startup (or tech company) in an engineering management or director role.
- Some experience working in Enterprise software & data-heavy applications
- You know how to communicate clearly no matter the medium: on Slack, task trackers, video calls, emails, in person, etc.
- Experience working on high-performance technical teams and software engineering projects.
- Experience designing, building and debugging distributed systems.
- Familiarity with software engineering standard methodologies (e.g., design patterns, peer code reviews, unit testing.
- Experience writing technical specifications and design documents.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a dynamic start-up environment
- Strong desire to learn about new technologies and systems.
Desired but not Required
- Experience building software in the insurance, real estate, or finance industry
- Experience with Go, Python, and Postgres.
- Experience architecting and deploying serverless infrastructure on the Amazon AWS platform.
- You'll join at an early stage of the company, so you can take something from 0 to 1
- We're a supportive team who will give you as much assistance or independence as you like
Our headquarters are in San Francisco, but most of your teammates work remotely from around the world. Pre-existing remote work experience would be a big plus. If you'd like to work remotely, please note that we're only able to consider applicants based in the US at this time.
Archipelago is a start-up working to change how risk is insured. Our founders are tech & finance entrepreneurs with several IPOs and acquisitions under their belts. We are headquartered in San Francisco, have raised several million in seed money to date, and currently employ over two dozen people across the US & Europe.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈