2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
- You'll work with a distributed team to make technical decisions that move the business forward, following established best practices or charting new paths when needed. When there is a need to diverge from an existing pattern, it is done so with good reason, logic, and data, as well as with the buy-in from your team to ensure we’re all rowing in the same direction.
- You’ll be responsible for making effective use of your time. We don’t care about butts in seats, but we do care about quality work.
- You’ll be responsible for building tools and infrastructure that address near-term needs while also considering the longer-term view of how your work fits into the company’s overall goals.
- You’ll create solutions that are as clear as possible, built with empathy for the future engineers who will pick up your code, and for current team members who will be immediately affected by your changes.
- Work quality should be tested and evaluated such that it does not cause noise or distress for other team members or teams (pager alerts, excessive Slack notification noise, broken automations, etc.)
- Collaborating with engineers across many teams, further developing a healthy and empathetic engineering culture
- You have a growth mindset and a deep passion for continuous learning.
- You’re comfortable making your way in and around Linux, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS environments.
- You are proficient in using Terraform to manage infrastructure.
- You have a technical understanding of developing and/or delivering applications written for containerized architecture (Kubernetes, Helm, Docker).
- You have a technical understanding of AWS cloud-based architectures such as AWS’s serverless technologies and load balancing options (Lambda, API Gateway, ALB, ELB, NLB, etc).
- You’re skilled in the art of troubleshooting systems and can grasp both the problem at hand and the historical context of it. You also make smart decisions about how to move forward on a problem and make the system better and more reliable for your team.
- You are able to identify reliability risks associated with your changes and how to reduce those risks to maintain reliability for our customers.
- When you get stuck, as we all do from time to time, you are able to reach out to your team for help, showing that you understand the problem space and have already explored options to resolve it.
- You can timebox exploratory work appropriately.
- You have a technical understanding of service discovery using tools such as Consul, Istio, or others.
- You have a deep understanding of Kubernetes, Helm and/or Docker.
- You have had experience mentoring other engineers.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!