Oracle Database Administrator
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Spinnaker Support is a leading and trusted global provider of Oracle and SAP third-party support. Spinnaker Support customers get more comprehensive and responsive service, save an average of 62% on their annual maintenance fees, and can remain on their current software releases indefinitely. A rising number of our third-party support customers are utilizing incremental services we provide. We remain the only third-party support vendor to deliver application managed services, technology managed services, and consulting when customers prefer to consolidate with a single vendor. They trust Spinnaker Support to keep their enterprise applications running at peak performance while helping them navigate from on-premise to hybrid to cloud.
Spinnaker Support has an immediate opening for an Oracle DBA for 3rd Party Support.
- This position is considered level 3 help desk support.
- Occasional after hours, weekends and holidays support for urgent customer issues.
- Must have excellent customer focus and communication, friendly interaction and passion to help customers with their software issues.
- Some technical expertise required for application support team—ability to troubleshoot customer issues in an environment where online and remotely connected to the customer’s systems.
- Must have ability to work within a close team environment.
- Drive customer satisfaction by tracking issues from start to closure, minimizing aging cases.
- 10+ years of experience with Oracle DB 10,11,12,18 : configuration, setup, tuning, troubleshooting, backup and recovery
- Oracle RAC / Clusterware : configuration, setup, tuning, troubleshooting
- Oracle GoldenGate : configuration (including newer options like “coordinated” extracts/replicats), Clusterware setup, troubleshooting, recovery after issues
- Oracle DataGuard : troubleshooting replication, performance, issues with underlying Clusterware and DGMOracle EBS Application DBA (11i – 12.2) : Technical side of things (troubleshooting processes startup/shutdown, patching, workflows, mailer configuration, SSL and HTTPS, JWS, installs and cloning, etc…)
- Oracle Database/SQL tuning
- OS-side knowledge is pretty critical too, a lot of workarounds require Web Servers (Apache/Web Logic/etc..) knowledge and a bit of sysadmin experience (troubleshooting networks/storage/resource utilization/etc…)
- Also related to EBS and Middleware – some knowledge of how Java apps work and how they interact with client apps (browser plugins/JWS).
At Spinnaker Support, our employees are at the heart of our success. That’s why we offer a competitive benefits package and generous PTO plans.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈