Node Developer/Backend Architect
Ample Insight Inc.
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Category: Software Development
You will join a world-class team of engineers and data scientists from Facebook, Uber, Amazon and Google. We are a fast growing consulting firm based in Toronto with clients ranging from leading startups building impactful technologies to Fortune 500 companies looking to scale their engineering and data capabilities.
We are looking for an ambitious Senior Backend Engineer/Developer. You are passionate about technology but very pragmatic in the application of it to real-world engineering problems. You are experienced in launching new products and scaling them. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for this role.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will contribute in a multitude of ways, from architecting phenomenal systems, creating and encouraging good software development practices, driving strategic technical improvements, and mentoring other engineers.
At Ample Insight, you will have a unique opportunity to work with best-in-class engineers on very large engineering problems, but in an environment with small teams and abundant opportunities for personal impact and growth.
Please note that although this role is remote, you are required to be located in Canada/US.
- You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and autonomy for managing things directly.
- You will architect important systems and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- You will need to design, prototype, and create solutions that support highly reliable, scalable, performant SaaS products
- You will help mentor other engineers both junior and senior
- You will own relationships with other engineering teams and collaborate with other functions
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related engineering field involving coding
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of experience working with Node and Typescript
- Familiar with event-driven systems with queues (Redis, RabbitMQ and RXJS)
- Experience with GraphQL, MobX is a plus
- Solid CS fundamentals with experience across a range of disciplines, with one or more area of deep knowledge and experience
- Proven track record of technical expertise at a company with a strong engineering culture
- Experience setting technical strategy for a large or important company initiative
- Strong knowledge of shipping impactful and complex software projects
- Ability to set technical and cultural standards for engineers
- We have very competitive compensation. For this role, you will receive both cash + equity.
- You can be fully remote if you'd prefer. Our employees have strong autonomy. You will need to have great work ethics and be someone that is responsible and dependable.
- We have amazing team outings that you definitely wouldn't want to miss! Pre-and-post pandemic only of course :)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈