1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US only
First appeared on StackOverflow
Category: Software Development
Brushfire is looking for a .NET Engineer (U.S. Only) who is
- well-versed in large-scale application infrastructure and design,
- familiar with web application development patterns and practices,
- driven to create captivating and interactive web experiences,
- skilled in layout and has an eye for attention to detail,
- experienced in building published, high quality web sites and applications,
- stimulated by collaborating with a team to define, design and ship new features,
- excited to work for our primarily Christian church/ministry customers.
Your primary task will be to utilize your knowledge/problem-solving skills to work alongside and with our existing developers as we create, maintain, and enhance our large-scale web applications. You should be on the cutting edge of emerging standards, technologies, and tools while being well-versed in cross-platform, multi-cloud development of complex, highly-available systems. Ultimately, we want someone who will take pride in learning quickly and contributing fully to create an experience our users will love. If that sounds like you, then you sound like us!
We value your time and efforts, so compensation is commensurate with experience and includes benefits. We thrive in a completely remote work environment -- with no central office -- where people learn and grow with the company. We are collaborative, creative, and innovative, with each person expected to contribute to meaningful outcomes.
Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the US. Though we are remote, applicants closer to our teams in Fort Worth, Texas will be shown preference.
Things you'll be doing:
- Design Serverless Functions and Web Sites
- Design and consume HTTP REST APIs
- Build and maintain devops pipelines for CI/CD
- Code web applications using ASP.NET MVC based upon approved designs
- Collaborate closely with other developers and graphic designers
- Participate on multiple projects from concept through completion without continual supervision.
- Provide quality control over in both code and visual concepts/designs.
- Potentially lead sessions in your areas of strength while supervising and inspiring those involved in your process.
Things you really need to have:
- Demonstrable experience coding complex web applications in ASP.NET
- Demonstrable experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins and Azure DevOps
- Demonstrable experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Strong object-oriented programming skills and familiarity with software design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of SQL/relational databases
- Familiarity with distributed version control systems.
- Ability to communicate fluently, pleasantly, and effectively—both orally and in writing, in the English language—with customers and co-workers.
- Passion, integrity, and energy
Things we think are cool for you to have, but aren't deal breakers:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with wireframing/mockup tools (InVision/Sketch)
- Experience with React, Angular, or equivalent frameworks
- Familiarity with non-structured persistent document data stores (NoSQL)
- Demonstrable experience on past projects (via Github, BitBucket, Google Code, etc). A candidate with an active commit history at a site like these will be favored over a candidate without similar history.
At Brushfire, it’s our goal to be the go-to ticketing and registration platform our clients deserve. We’re an event management software-as-a-service platform that provides assigned seat ticketing, general admission, and support for concerts, conferences, camps, productions, plays, sports, and anything else where people gather. We handle thousands of events every day, on every continent, ranging anywhere from a handful to 20k+ attendees.
Brushfire strives to facilitate successful events around the world by providing great software and service that never stops improving. We believe the church, non-profit, and secular organizations deserve the most elegantly architected platform for event management. Both at the technology and service layer.
Learn more at https://brushfire.com.
Work at home
Paid Health Insurance
Work with kind & friendly team & customers
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!