MySQL Database Administrator
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
- Maintaining/Improving Infrastructure
- Monitoring Existing Infrastructure
- Deploying New Infrastructure
- Automating Management Tasks
- Evaluating Technologies and Tools
- Troubleshooting and Fixing Infrastructure Issues
- Writing and Updating Documentation
- Maintain/Monitor/Improve Mysql/Percona Servers 30%
- Maintain/Monitor/Improve Indexes, and Application Queries 15%
- Manage/Verify Database Backups, Integrity, and DR Capabilities 15%
- Plan/Automate/Deploy/Troubleshoot Infrastructure 15%
- Work with Developers to Plan/Improve Application Queries 10%
- Work with Analytics Team to Plan/Improve Data Warehouse and Analytics Queries 10%
- Meetings/Presentations/Demos 5%
- 3+ years experience with managing MySQL (Configuration, replication, etc.)
- 2+ years experience with SQL, or as a MySQL database administrator. (Writing and tuning indexes, query optimization, data modeling)
- 2+ years of experience planning, deploying, and managing Linux based infrastructure.
- 2+ years of experience automating tasks and writing tools in a scripting language (i.e. Bash, Python, Go, Ruby).
- 1+ years of experience with common networking technologies (i.e. IPv4, NAT, Firewalls).
- 1+ years of experience working with a configuration management tool (i.e. Ansible, Puppet, Chef, SaltStack).
- Production MySQL Orchestrator experience (or similar tech) is highly desired.
- Production ProxySQL experience (or similar tech) is highly desired.
- Production experience with Percona tools is highly desired.
- Experience managing document databases such as Elastic, MongoDB, ArangoDB, etc.
- Experience managing or automating tasks for Ubuntu/Redhat based systems.
- Experience managing infrastructure with Ansible.
- Experience managing or using RabbitMQ or Apache Kafka.
- Experience managing or using Redis optionally with Sentinel.
- Experience managing or using ElasticSearch, Logstash, or Kibana.
- Experience working with Kubernetes or equivalent container orchestration.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, IT or EE.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈