Mobile Application Developer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Colombia
Category: Software Development
** In order be considered for this role, you must be based in Colombia**
Open LMS is a Moodle-based Learning Management System that helps educators improve the learning experience and outcomes of millions of learners across the globe. In partnership with our community of educators, we continually innovate to better enable educators, parents, and learners of all types to teach, learn, connect, and communicate whenever they want and wherever they are. Most importantly, we help every student achieve their full potential through access to lifelong learning.
We also offer a full portfolio of education technologies including exclusive reseller relationships for web conferencing, accessibility improvement, and innovative content offerings from both and Learning Technologies Group.
As a member of our Product Development team, you'll work in an agile environment delivering industry-leading SaaS products focusing on the development of the mobile app for Open LMS.
As a Mobile Application Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of the mobile application, enhancing it with features of the web-based software. You will also support other integration software development efforts. The software engineer's responsibilities include software design, software development, and integration
Skills and Aptitudes
The Candidate will have these required skills:
- Knowledge of iOS and Android mobile application development with experience in iPhone, iPad, and Android development; sound knowledge in Objective C, iPhone SDK, and Android SDK.
- Has experience designing, writing, and deploying scalable software
- Has experience in all aspects of the application development life cycle
- Has excellent Object-Oriented design and coding skills
- Has strong oral and written communication skills, can communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences and is fluent in English
- Is a quick learner with strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Has experience writing unit and integration tests
- Can work with a team of engineers on cross-functional agile projects
- Has an understanding of data structures, algorithm analysis, and design skills
- Extensive experience developing stateless web applications, RESTful JSON APIs
- Understanding of source control practices with Git
- Experience with Moodle preferred
- Experience with cloud-based hosting solutions (AWS) is preferred
- English B2 or higher
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Open LMS is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Colombia.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈