Manager, Developer Evangelism
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Developer Evangelism Manager for North America who can help us inspire and equip the developers who will build the future of communications. As a Developer Evangelist Manager you will be responsible for crafting and executing a strategy that defines how Twilio builds relationships with developers in North America. As part of the Developer Network, this cross-functional role will play an important part in driving the success of Twilio's overall developer relations strategy.
- You are a servant leader. You believe that in order to win, you must elevate everyone around you. You put the needs of the people you serve first, helping them develop and perform as highly as possible. You take pride in helping those you serve get the spotlight.
- You are a builder. You're knowledgeable about and comfortable with building using at least one programming language stack. You've built things yourself and know what it's like to commit to a repo and ship a release.
- You are a thinker. You can paint a picture of a world that's not yet reality and inspire people to follow you to build that world.
- You are a planner. You’ve got the discipline to think through up front what needs to be done, but the agility to pivot when plans need to change.
- You are a Doer. You're not afraid to get your hands involved in executing the day-to-day tactics if that's what it takes to turn your vision into reality. You can hold yourself and those you serve accountable for a set of priorities and measures.
- You are a community member. You've been actively involved in a developer community and understand how its organized and where there are opportunities for leadership. You have opinions about how a brand can authentically engage and build relationships with developers.
As a Developer Evangelism Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE BOLD: Articulate a long term strategy for growing engagement between developers in North American and Twilio.
- DON’T SETTLE: Define annual team priorities and measures of success. Ensure those priorities align with the broader Developer Network and Marketing team priorities. Monitor and regularly report on progress toward priorities measures both down to your individual contributors, as well as up to leadership.
- BE AN OWNER: Define and manage an annual and quarterly planning process including budget spend and event sponsorship planning. Oversee the execution of event sponsorship processing and event logistics.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Help employees grow through career development, coaching and mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential.
- Perform hiring and onboarding functions for new Evangelist roles in North America.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Developer Network is the team at Twilio whose mission is to catalyze the network of developers who will build the future of communications and is composed of four teams that work closely with one another. Developer Evangelists inspire and equip developers by going to the language-centric and geographic communities where developers gather. Developer Educators challenge and empower developers by crafting world-class docs and training. Community Developers encourage and amplify developers by cultivating a core community of Twilio developers. Finally, the Developer Voices prompt and rally developers by enabling them to get their code on the Twilio blog. Together, these teams introduce developers to Twilio, help them get their projects shipped, build strong end enduring friendships with them and help them take the spotlight.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This is a position based in any major US metro area. You will be given the ability to work from a local Twilio office, co-work with others or work from home. While the Developer Network operates as a remote friendly, globally distributed team we also believe that part of leading a distributed team is going to where your team is serving developers in real life. This means you should be comfortable traveling 25-50% of your time.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!