LiDAR / SONAR Developer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA and Greece Only
Category: Software Development
We are looking for strong C++ and Python engineers to join our growing geospatial team. You will be responsible for supporting and implementing features for existing and new customers within our open source geospatial TileDB drivers and libraries.
The ideal candidate will be a good communicator (both written and verbal) with experience in consulting with customers as well as product engineering.
If you don’t meet all of our requirements then please apply anyway as we will consider candidates who are strong in one particular area and compliment the team.
Our headquarters are in Cambridge, MA, USA and we have a subsidiary in Athens, Greece. However, you will have the flexibility to work remotely as long as your residence is in the USA or Greece. US candidates must be US citizens, whereas Greek candidates must be Greek or EU citizens.
In your first 30 days, you will familiarize yourself with our existing integrations into geospatial libraries. You will learn how to use TileDB in various applications, and learn the code base. Our engineering team will help with your onboarding, and prepare you to make your very first commit within your first couple of days at work. After 30 days, you will be fully integrated in our team. You’ll be an active code contributor and maintainer as well as supporting sales team when needed with customer geospatial proof of concepts.
- Strong C++ (C++11 or greater) and Python skills
- Experience with at least one of PDAL, PostGIS and MB-System
- Experience with at least one of AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Knowledge of existing geospatial formats, e.g. LAS, TIFF, HDF5 and netCDF4
- Bonus: Knowledge of remote sensing algorithms, e.g. DEM generation
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% medical and dental insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Flexibility to work remotely (anywhere in the US or Greece)
TileDB, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive team.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA and Greece Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈